“Best Day Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Equestrian Trails, Sports
League City, Texas
“Best Day Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had the best day ever with Beth, Catalino and Reyes. We had a group of riders from beginner to experienced and everyone had a great time. Not only was the trail ride amazing with awesome views, we were treated to a fantastic authentic. family-style Mexican country dinner after the trail ride that put any restaurant to shame - and we were able finish the day with Beth at the hot springs of La Gruta. I can't say enough good things about Leisurely Country Horseback Riding. Beth and the cowboys will be a part of our family forever.

Visited May 2013

Queretaro
7 attraction reviews
“Picture perfect day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went riding with Beth and her cowboys this past weekend and I can't say enough about how great the experience was. Of the five riders, I was the only one who had experience riding, but that was not a problem whatsoever. Throughout the ride, Beth and the cowboys were always attentive to making sure everyone was having fun and was safe. We went from the rivers and creeks at the bottom of the canyon, all the way up to the top to take in a magnificent view which overlooked the dam and to San Miguel itself. The ride up was an easy one with stops at a couple of ancient chapels (400+ years old), scattered cattle and beautiful desert fauna to be seen along the way. We even got to taste some incredible cactus berries...lots of tunas (cactus fruit or prickly pear) were starting to come out and I am sure they are wonderful to try when fully ripe. After the ride, we had a beautifully prepared, rustic Mexican lunch prepared by the ladies in their open air kitchen. We were served two types of pozole (red and green) along with quesadillas, guacamole, fresh aguas and handmade tortillas. We ate al fresco under some great shade provided by the various trees in the courtyard. I highly recommend enjoying one of these delicious lunches after your ride...a great way to unwind while eating some great food! If looking for something totally different and getting a chance to see another aspect of San Miguel, you can't go wrong by going riding with Beth and the cowboys. We will definitely be adding this to our regular activities when we have visitors come to see us in Queretaro.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Beth is a great leader.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went horseback riding for the first time in my life (I',m 63) with Beth and her cowboys. They were all very sensitive to everyone's concerns, and I felt confident the entire time I was on horseback. On the same outing, there was a nervous 5 year old girl who ended up[ having a perfect time. I highly recommend this activity to anyone visiting San Miguel de Allende, be they beginner like myself or experienced rider. And if you do, stay for the Mexican lunch at the ranch afterwards. It was great fun. Thanks, Beth.

Seattle, Washington
“Beth is the Best! Especially for kids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have ridden with Beth twice now. She had the honor of being the person we trusted to guide my 7yo on her first trail ride on her own horse. Beth was an excellent teacher! She allowed my daughter the freedom to experience trotting and light galloping, but then also reined her in when necessary for safety. We had so much we went back three months later on a return visit to San Miguel! This time with the 2 year-old. Beth set her up with a vaquero to ride with her who was steady and calming. beth also works with the vaqueros to ensure you are fitted with the best horse for your skill level. And I haven't even mentioned the actual trail ride! breathtaking, peaceful and safe. We would ride with her again, and will!!

Visited April 2013
San Miguel de Allende
“Easy Does it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was quite nervous about horseback riding due to bad childhood experiences and this trail ride cured that fear. Beth and her crew are great for Nervous Nelly's like myself.. I had a very gentle horse and the trail guide tied my horse to his so I would feel more secure. By the end of the trail I was riding on my own and felt very accomplished.
Claudia