“Great food and price!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican, International
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Weekly specials along with a Mexican-American Comfort Food menu. Wine, Beer and Margaritas are available. A casual atmosphere with indoor-outdoor seating and game area. Convenient location and lots of parking.
“Great food and price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We just we found this place and we love it! Great lunch, food was fresh and delicious, service was good too. I also like that there was easy parking and we didn't have to go downtown.

• Visited June 2013

89% Recommend
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Great Food and Nice People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I've been to La Frontera several times now, as I live here in San Miguel. I have never been disappointed and highly recommend it! It's the kind of place that one wants to make into "my neighborhood hang out". The prices are good, Noren, the owner, is a wonderful cook, and yes, it is often comfort food. The mac and cheese is to die for. But don't get the idea that you have to fill up on carbs here, that's not the case...the salads and salmon, the steak...it's all delicious.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Remember the Burito Bistro-she is back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The owner has moved around a bit in SMA, Now she is out of el centro and is aiming at locals to make it work. Same great food in a nice out of the way place. All good!

Visited December 2012
Bellefontaine, Ohio
“Loved Friday Night Tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just returned from Friday night tacos at La Frontera. Delicious, and very affordable. I tried the fish tacos. Excellent. I tried the shrimp tacos. Excellent, or even better. I have eaten here several times before and have always had delicious food from Noren's kitchen. No disappointments. My favorite was the drowned burrito until I tried the tacos. Now I have two favorites.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Best Drowned Potato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love the Drowned Potato so that's all I've ordered but their specials a great too. My friends had salmon one evening that was excellent. I would rate this restaurant excellent for food. The wine selection could be improved but this is a casual place with emphasis more on the food.

As mentioned, it's a little south of centro tucked away in a small plaza. Any taxi driver will know the Sterling Dickenson location. Try it you won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012