“The place to drink beer in San Miguel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ancha de San Antonio 17, San Miguel de Allende 37700, Mexico
415 1544224
Website
Improve this listing
Description: Enjoy more than 180 imported beers and Mexican crafts. Enjoy our delicious Chicken Wings, Salads, Ciabattas, Tacos.
Tucson
“The place to drink beer in San Miguel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you love beer it's hard to find anything in San Miguel but bottled Mexican beers which are fine, but if you want craft or international beers we found only two places. One is the restaurant Berlin which has some nice German and Belgium beers and good food. The other is the Beer Company which has a big selection of international beers and a very good local craft beer called Dos Aves. They just added a tap with the Dos Aves Belgian brew which is wonderful. We go there to drink beer, watch the people walk by and read. The service is very good. We have not tried the food.

• Visited March 2013

80% Recommend
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Good but not over the top”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Beer Company has a vast variety of chicken wings and sauces which can be mixed and matched. The wings wee tasty but I thought the portions to be somewhat small and as a result a little over priced compared with other places specializing in wings. They do have perhaps the widest assortment of imported beers in town at reasonable prices.

Visited December 2012
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Great place! (The reviewer below must have had a bad day.)`”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had to react when I saw the completely off-the-mark review by zpmatt below. He is so wrong. I love The Beer Company! (In fact, I looked up zpmatt's other reviews and sure enough, he also pans another favorite spot in SMA, Pescaü restaurant, which is consistently fabulous. So don't believe anything he says about The Beer Company.)

Here's the truth: The Beer Company is a sweet little pub offering hundreds of artisan beers from around the world. My boyfriend and I are working our way around the world one beer at a time, and so far our favorites are the Belgians, the British, and—ta dah!—the Mexican beers!

As for the food, we like it and so do all of our friends, who could choose to eat anywhere but come to The Beer Company at least once a week for Friday night karaoke (7pm-midnight) and dinner. My favorite thing to order is a salad—they have a delicious one with mangoes, and also one with apples and blue cheese, to which I usually ask them to add slices of locally made Italian sausage for a hearty dinner! Other favorites are the wings and the fish 'n chips. This week they are introducing handmade individual-size pizzas. Get the Mexican one with refried beans on it—sooooo good and spicy!

Even if you're not into karaoke, The Beer Company is a great place to watch a soccer game or American football on TV. Other special events are broadcast there, too, via satellite. The bilingual owners, Toño and Liz, will hang out with you and often give out samples of whatever new beer they just got in, like the Dos Aves brand on tap, brewed in San Miguel. They make the place feel like home.

One more thing: The Beer Company is where we stop on the way to a party, because why bring an ordinary bottle of wine or regular old beer when you can offer the host a selection of interesting, beautifully packaged beers from around the world, or to go with the party theme! Nice to have a place that is both a pub and an offsale beer boutique!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“It's a good thing that they have alot of beer because the food sucked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was looking forward to eating some great chicken wings and homemade fries, yet what I got was horrible. The wings were small, dry, overcooked and expensive. If it wasn't for the beer i would have left and requested a refund. I don't know if I got left overs from the day before or what, but for over $300 pesos before the beer we were completely disappointed. We have had Chicken Wings at other establishments in Mexico and most of the time they are consistent. Yet for a place that is suppose to specialize in Chicken Wings, they really need to do a better job.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Guanajuato, Mexico
“Great Honey beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I couldn´t believe in San Miguel can try my favorite beer, Honey Dew. I was walking arround in San Miguel´s downtown and got into a tiny beer place called Beer Company. I supoused to spend just a minute to get a beer and finally fell in love with Liz and Tono´s warm knowledge.

Get there to feel a real experience on beer World.

see you