“Sounded good but ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of casa allende - CLOSED

casa allende
Calle de San Francisco 25 | San Miguel de Allende, San Miguel de Allende 37700, Mexico
415-152-1860
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
United States
“Sounded good but ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

food was not over the top as some reviews would suggest. We were the only customers in the restaurant from 7-9pm so maybe the bloom is off the rose. The service was a bit wooden and akward. This space has had a fair turnover of restaurants. Maybe its an unlucky spot.

Visited October 2011

Thun, Switzerland
“Not only a good name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Very nice ambiente (light, seatinig and noise level). Contemporary kitchen with a variety of fish and other selections from the grill. For me as a vegetarian not the ultimate choice but the chief would cook whatever I would like without meat.

Service was outstanding and very toughtful. It started with the presentation of various white wines with a good explanation and while dinner the salsa was prepaired in front of your eyes. Not even that, the salsa was delicious and we ordered a 2nd portion which was again to our suprise freshily grinded and blended.

The food was fresh and what you can expect for that price. I am not sure if everyone gets so much attention as we did but I would guess so. I am put this in doubt because the restaurant was empty wihout us.

For a special occasion this contemporary/mexican restaurant can be highly recommended.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

The food is delicious, delicate flavors, contemporary mexican food, good portions, they prepare spicy sauces in front of your table and the service is very very good. I will definitly go back and i fully recomend it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
guadalajara
“Best mexican food in San Miguel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our family enjoyed Casa Allende, I think they are the best mexican restaurant in San Miguel. Service was attentive, we had the lamb ossobucco, very good, and my favorite were the deer tacos. They make spicy sauces tableside, excellent. Wine selection is not very good, there was not even a wine list available, that is why I give them 4 stars, yet I would go back. Do try it!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food & fine service - one of the best in San Miguel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I and another couple dined at Casa Allende last night to sample their special "Madrid Fusion" menu. Even though it was a set four-course meal, the waiter was most accommodating to allow the one vegetarian to substitute sauted robalo (sea bass) for the main course (lamb osobucco), without any extra charge. For the price of 250 pesos per special menu, we had two appetizers: crab-stuffed gorditas and a rabbit enchilada with avocado sauce (the vegetarian was offered a baked potato with rajas and cream in lieu of the rabbit enchilada). Everything was delicious! Then the osobucco: very tender meat falling off the bone bathed in a savory tomato sauce with julienned vegetables. For dessert, the menu included a lime pie with candied cactus bits on top in a lime sauce - also a dish of very delicate flavors, a perfect end to a lovely meal. I was shocked that, on this Saturday night, the place was only about 1/3 full at 9 pm. Maybe that's a sign of the times, but this excellent dining locale needs to be better frequented! It's one of our favorites - this was our fourth time there in as many months. Chef Eduardo is truly a culinary star.

• Visited July 2011