“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars

+52 (415)154 43 38
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Paying tribute to the magnificent Laja River that flows through the mountains in the north and fills the San Miguel Lake, the Laja Spa is a haven of purification and rejuvenation.We offer these treatments in three beautiful air conditioned colonial style treatment rooms.
Sonoma, CA
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Absolutely amazing experience! The spa is SOO relaxing and I had one of the best massages of my life (and I've had a lot of massages)! I was only in town for 3 days, but so happy I decided to spend an hour at this spa. I would highly recommend this spa to anyone looking to have a relaxing time while on vacation here (and for locals too)!

Visited August 2012

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
“Clean, professional and lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had a great massage, in a clean and beautiful environment; a bit pricey, but worth it! I was drifting off during the massage, with relaxation music in the background, including what I thought to be rain and then I got up to leave and it was raining! I would absolutely return!

Visited July 2012
Toluca, Mexico
“Don´t miss this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The quality of the massueses were excellent and the attention to detail first class. we were several times and the quality is always the same, I recommend it.

Houston, TX
23 attraction reviews
“Good..ish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were excited to experience the Temezcal at Laja Spa. The hotel staff confirmed our appointment upon check in and gave us directions to the spa (down the street). We showed up at our appointment time not knowing much about what we were getting into. The staff "checked" us in based on our appointment time however never asked us our name. Come to find out, they were going to give us a massage instead of the Temezcal. Once the mistake was realized, they whisked us away in a van to the "Parque" which is a newer section of Casa de Sierra Nevada. It appeared to be completely closed down except for the goings on around the Temezcal. We were required to book the Temezcal privately since we were told that a minimum of 9 people were normally required for it. After experiencing the treatment, there is no way that 9 people could fit in this thing. As I mentioned, we knew very little about the treatment, other that the little bit of info on the website. I don't want this to sound to awful because is definitely was not. But basically you are crawling into a large clay oven with a gravel floor. It was filled with smoke when we were told to get inside. The two girls who ran the "ceremony" spoke some English, but were very into the ritual. The door on the "oven" is closed to make it totally dark inside. Red hot rocks are put into a recessed pit in the middle of where you sit and herbs and herbal water is put on the rocks to steam the small space. Some chants and music are played and some things are said. Participation is required. Needless to say with the small dark space and the steam, etc. ; it is very intense. I am not sure the average person is up for this. I run 3 miles a day in the hot, humid Houston summers and this pushed me to my limits. Maybe they made it more intense because we are in shape, I don't know. Just be aware. Prior to the treatment, there was little explanation. I would recommend wearing a swim suit (even though you are given a robe) because the showers are outdoor and bringing sandals that can get wet or muddy. Walking from the changing room down the stone walkway barefooted is not pleasant. A thunderstorm arrived while we were inside, which made it a little more magical, but left the area around pretty sloppy. All in all, I applaud the people who run this event because they go through everything you do when you are inside. I also applaud the hotel for building something so unique and off the beaten path for most people. If you are up for it, definitely try it. Just know what you are getting into.

Lynden, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Great massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and I had a 80 minute massage together. It was sheer bliss. The massueses were excellent and the scents and attention to detail first class.