“A Jewel” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The place to be for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Andanza is a destination in its own right. One of the best restaurants in Mexico, it boasts an impressive array of awards and accolades. Artfully prepared dishes are served in an elegant, colonial-style setting. Cuisine celebrates Mexican tradition with contemporary flair, featuring only the freshest local ingredients. Open daily from 7am - 11pm
North Vancouver, Canada
“A Jewel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Initially my wife and I had only intended to have a drink in the lounge and move on to another restaurant for our dinner. After seeing the connecting Andanza restaurant and having been served impeccably by Jose Luis in the lounge we decided to stay there for dinner.It was a wonderful decision. From the gorgeous setting to the impeccable food and service it was truly a night to remember.
The entire experience was fabulous.The food was served timely and with vivid imagination. We commend our service staff, Felix and Mario , for a memorable night.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“COURTYARD DINING WITH A MODERN FLAIR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Sierra Nevada Hotel is affiliated with the Sazon cooking school. We were expecting fresh food perfection. We were mildly disappointed. The chicken in Mole' sauce was very good but the
accompanying vegetables were limp and tasteless. My wife had a good but not great steak. The specialty tamale dish was also excellent. We were surprised that the food was fairly priced.
The service was excellent and the atmosphere was lovely

Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Horrendous Dining Experience--the worst.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just returned from a remarkable trip to the beautiful city of San Miguel de Allende. The ONLY bad (terrible, actually) experience we had--a "meal" (if I could call it that) at Andanza at the "Orient Express" hotel Casa de Sierra Nevada. Things went from bad to worse, and down hill very quickly. We were immediately served with a cevice on chips that were stale. Our guacamole, which was prepared table side, was also served with not only stale tortilla chips, but stale pork rinds. My shrimp dish, which I ordered as my entree, arrived along with my friend's appetizer (!?) I asked them why he would serve my entree with my companions appetizer (my appetizer never came), and I received a blank stare. When I looked down at my dish, it was not what I even ordered (I ordered shrimp diablo, and they served me with shrimp deep fried in some visibly greasy coconut crust). When my correct entree arrived, the rice and beans were cold, and the shrimp diablo consisted or 4 or 5 small shrimp with a table spoon of a bland red sauce which had no taste. The icing on the cake: my friend ordered a steak--medium well, which was served cold and raw. I actually asked our server to taste the cold rice and beans, and his reply: "is cold!". When I showed him the steak, his reply "is RAW!" The steak was literally seared on the outside, and completely raw and iced cold on the inside. When we got up to leave, mid meal, we were chased down the block, and asked to pay for our drinks. When I explained to the manager all that went wrong, he still insisted on us paying for our two drinks---and then, after I paid him, he did not give me back the full change due, as if to keep it as a gratuity. I then had to write my reasons for not paying directly on the check, so he could explain it to HIS manager (justify the reasons for leaving mid meal without paying). I told him to keep both plates, and show the manager the condition of what they tried to pass off as cooked, acceptable food at an "Orient Express" restaurant. A huge disappointment--almost surreal experience. AVOID THIS RESTAURANT at all costs. There are dozens of wonderful restaurants in San Miguel de Allende--but this was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. Poor service, stale food, incorrect entree served with my friend's appetizer, cold rice and beans, RAW meat, chased down the street, etc. VILE... 0 stars.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Asheville NC
“Excellent mealson two different evenings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our party has been happy with all of the delicious and innovative meals we have been served: good service, very lovely presentation, and serene surroundings. It is now our go-to dinner on par with The Restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“As good as ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We usually stay at the hotel Casa Sierra Nevada and this time we were pleasantly surprised to see that the restaurant is as good as it has ever been. We had lunch and dinner and it was really fantastic. The langoustine tlacoyos are delicious and the spare ribs really very good. The quality of ingredients is excellent with great organic spinach, zucchini flower, and other goodies. Whether for lunch or dinner, really worth the visit, in particular for special occasions. Again not cheap but well worth your money!

• Visited March 2013