“Breakfast with coffees” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
San Miguel de Allende
“Breakfast with coffees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great coffees, lattes, capocinos, etc. Great owner. Food is good at a modest price. Now has a full bar.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Texas
“Family atmosphere and affordable!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

There are not many places left where you can go and sit down and have a meal, and know that what you will receive is going to be consistent to what you received the day before.

I just returned from a great stay there in SMA, and I always make it a habit to go to Cafe Monet for my breakfast. I like the menu, although limited, and the prices cannot be beat anywhere in town. I find the wait staff to be very accommodating and professional, and the seating is comfortable and relaxed.

Cafe Monet has some typical items on the breakfast menu, but a few stand out, and that is why I continue to go there when I am visiting. The Lox and Bagel are a great find on a menu there in small town Mexico, and at the US exchange rate of about $7.50, it is hard to pass up that meal. It comes with all of the usual's, and even capers in Mexico!! YEAH!!! The Eggs Benedict is a nice treat, again something that is not often offered on many menu's there, and the value is there again as well, selling for about the US exchange rate of about $6.50. The hollandaise sauce is very good, something that can be very difficult to get just right in any restaurant. The oatmeal, steel cut oats at that, come with side items that only add to the meal, and the charge is so cheap that I have no idea how it can be offered for that price. I try to order something different each time that I come in, knowing that whatever my selection is for that morning, that it will be good and served to me by an excellent wait staff.

I have friends who go there every morning, and watching them sit at their table and having the waiter come and greet them, by name, and not even have to ask what it is that they want to order, is just so refreshing. They are "regulars" and feel so at ease and relaxed to come to their place every morning. I like that, a sense of home, only someone else does the cooking.

I suggest Cafe Monet if you are looking for a good breakfast, and their other menu items are just as good. There are often special events going on there as well, including special dinners for community organizations and holiday menus as well. The parking in the area is good and some minor renovations have been in the works, providing an even better atmosphere and seating for the customers. WiFi is available, and the smoothies are flavorable and refreshing. I always enjoy myself there, and my pocketbook appreciates it as well. Just go, and have a great meal time adventure.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durango, CO
“Monet rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is the place to go for a great variety of excellent food choices at very reasonable prices. Great breakfast choices include bagels with lox & cream cheese and pancakes. Comfortable seating is a real plus. Monday night "Dinner & a Movie" is unique and is always a full house, make reservations.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Nice atmosphere, reasonable food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Periodically we need a Gringo Fix and this place is perfect for that.

My only complaint is that I would like to see more variety on the menu because most of the dishes are eggs, cheese and meat or a combinsaion of that mix. I go to 'another' cafe a lot simply to get food that is not a cholesterol bomb. Would it kill you to offer a vegetable soup or a sandwich with humus, tomatoes and perhaps just a sprinkle of goat cheese for flavour etc rather than overload on cheese and meat in sandwiches. Have a look at Panerras menu online.

Another request is for the owner to get decent orange marmalade rather than just the really cheap tasting jam/jelly they serve. Come on Monet .... I get a better selection of things to spread on bread in the cheapest diners in USA.

Dawson, Canada
“Great food at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants in SMA. My husband loves the hamburgesas and the breakfasts are yummy. Comfort dinners on Sunday afternoons and Monday night dinner and a movie are nice touches. Chairs are soooo comfortable and we love to sit on the leather couches where we never fail to strike up a conversation with an interesting expat. Many Mexicans also eat here although Sunday brunch time is sometimes heavy with gringos. The prices are really good and there is a special for breakfast before 11:00AM although I believe you can get breakfast all day. The staff are eager to please and always courteous.

• Visited March 2013