“Peaceful and relaxing day” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Spas
Attraction Details
Sydney
12 attraction reviews
“Peaceful and relaxing day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience for 3 days of our San Miguel holiday. The shuttle promptly arrives at an agreed time and takes you to an oasis about 10 minutes from town. Each day my wife and I took a yoga class in which the session was tailored to our specific needs. Chai and an afternoon of relaxing by the pool follows in which peaceful music plays in the background and delicious Indian food is served if you require. The staff are amazing and try hard to please. Towels, board games and everything else is provided. The shuttle dropped us back to town when we were ready.

Visited June 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Shanti San Miguel - Paradise near San Miguel de Allende”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband and I spent the day at Shanti San Miguel yesterday. We can't wait to go back. Our day started with yoga outside on the beautiful shaded upstairs deck of the facility with Brett, Shanti San Miguel's charming dueña. The view from the outdoor yoga "studio' is breathtaking.

After yoga, we lounged by the pool with chai and relaxed with subtle Indian music playing in the background. Our lunch was so delicious- the menu has everything from breakfast and grilled cheese sandwiches to Indian dishes, their specialty. I chose the vegetarian special curry, which was a savory combination of sweet potatoes in a coconut sauce, served with rice, chutney, and raita. The menu is very reasonably priced.

The pool was the perfect temperature, and I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and reading on my Kindle (Shanti has wi-fi). My husband snoozed the whole time. The perfect day.

Transportation to Shanti San Miguel, which is about five miles from San Miguel's Centro, is free - a great service for those of us who don't have cars. Next time I plan to have a massage while I'm there. I can't say enough about Shanti San Miguel. If you are looking for yoga, relaxation, spa services, a chrystalline pool, and delicious food, it's not to be missed.

Visited March 2012
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
9 attraction reviews
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We visited shortly after it opened. Glad to hear they now have a shuttle as it's difficult to find and far more than 20 minutes even from my house at just uphill from El Mirador on Salida a Queretaro.

The food was just OK.

I recently heard a rumor that the best (London) Indian restaurant in Mexico - Bhaji -may be relocating from Queretaro to San Miguel de Allende. I wish!

Visited April 2011
Brett K, Owner at Shanti San Miguel, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
I'm sorry to see that the writer, who apparently was here once several years ago, suddenly felt compelled to voice their dissatisfaction with the food years later.
I would suggest that most places evolve, and perhaps it is worth giving us a second try?
It is, however, wonderful that they have found some other restaurant that makes them happy, and I wish them all the best.
Brett Knobel,
Owner
“Peaceful day at Shanti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

My two friends and I visited Shanti recently, taking advantage of the free shuttle service to get there. Shanti is located about 15 minutes from San Miguel and surrounded by farmland and desert vegetation. The owner Brett met us at the door and gave us a tour, which included one of the luxury tents that she hopes to install on platforms on the property so that guests might enjoy a spa weekend or a yoga retreat. Once we settled ourselves on the very comfortable lounge chairs surrounding the pool, we were offered some baked breads and freshly popped corn. The menu has delicious Indian specialities and some American standards. We enjoyed yoga class with Brett and pedicures. Her staff is professional and attentive. The blue-tiled pool was lovely and a calming influence along with the Indian music playing softly in the background. We had a peaceful day in a beautiful environment and plan to return before we leave San Miguel.

Visited January 2012
Bloomfield Hills
18 attraction reviews
“An Oasis outside of San Miguel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Lovely pool. Pretty good Indian food. Very relaxing and comfortable lounges. A perfect place to relax on a hot afternoon. Since it's about 5 - 7 miles outside of town, you'll need a car or a tax to get there. Look for a half buried white tire on Dr. Mora road, on the way to Los Rodrigues. Half a mile on a rutted dirt road gets you to Shanti, where you will enjoy the food and atmosphere.

Visited August 2011