“Heavenly in every way!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood San Miguel de Allende

You added Rosewood San Miguel de Allende to your Saves list
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Nemesio Diez 11, Colonia Centro, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Aventura, Florida
“Heavenly in every way!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed here last month on business for two nights and wanted to stay there forever. I would be happy living at this hotel. Had a gorgeous room with a fireplace, huge terrace, big bathtub with complimentary bath salts from the hotel spa, the comfiest bed. . . perfect in every way. Service was impeccable. The rooftop bar is gorgeous and you can see all of San Miguel de Allende from there. The food at the bar and the hotel restaurant was all divine.
The place and grounds are beyond beautiful. Seems like a great place to get married and also honeymoon. My first thought upon entering the room was that I wished my husband was ther with me (instead of being on a business trip). I will be back!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
RosewoodSanMiguel, General Manager at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Dear TatianaJennifer,

Thank you for your kind comments. Rosewood San Miguel de Allende is, indeed, one of the favorite places in San Miguel de Allende for weddings and romantic getaways. Our Romance department is constantly innovating with many romantic ideas that always surprise our guests’ significant other. I hope that your future travels may bring you and your husband to San Miguel de Allende and that you are able to experience just this.

Looking forward to welcome you back,

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Miguel de Allende
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

My daughter gave us a gift certificate to the Rosewood for my birthday and we decided to go last night for their special Independence Day dinner. We brought two couples along with us who had never been to the Rosewood. We were very impressed with the restaurant.
The food was wonderful, the presentation exquisite and we enjoyed how the waiter described what we would be eating and lovingly explained how each dish was prepared. As each course arrived, we were pleasantly surprised at the original presentation and we savoured each mouthful. Kudos to the chef!! We sampled the different tequilas that came with each course and enjoyed learning about how and where they are made. It was truly a memorable meal. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the evening and my friends thanked me for giving them the opportunity to come and discover the Rosewood 1826 Restaurant. It's a wonderful place to go for that special evening.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mexdorit,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your dining experience with your friends at 1826. Your rewarding words mean a lot to the Rosewood San Miguel team, be sure that I will share your kind comments with my team.

Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

If you don't stay at my sister's place, Rancho del Sol Dorado and instead want to stay in town, this is the place. The service is amazing. The rooms are very comfortable. I loved the Tapa Bar on the roof. This place is heaven. I will be back as soon as possible. The food was great but the brunch was to expensive. Susan Houston

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear LaGitana328,

I love the feeling when our guests share with me how much they enjoyed their stay and services offered at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende. I truly hope that we may be honored with your visit again in the near future.

mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

If you have been to Cancun, you will probably concur that you might as well have been to Miami or Hawaii. You only know you are in Mexico because everything is spicy hot, right?

So, if you are planning to travel to Mexico and want to try something that feels LIKE Mexico, San Miguel is a good place to start.

No need to experience a small colonial town with a back pack and staying at “El burro Inn” when you have an excellent choice like a Rosewood property.

I’ve stayed at their Las Ventanas at Paraiso, and that hotel will always be part of my conversation when someone brings the subject of the perfect hotel.
This is why my expectations were so high. Were they met? Well, yes and no.

The hotel itself is very nice. They tried to make it fit into the colonial ambiance. They succeeded, however it seems very big for the 65 rooms. You don’t expect big buildings and large corridors, elevators and so on, but rather a way to spread it out through the property.

The rooms are excellent, almost a Suite in comparison to other hotels. The only available room was a deluxe, I tried for the suite, but didn’t miss it for a second. I thought I had been upgraded!

Furniture throughout the hotel and rooms is very well chosen except for the paintings. My guess is that with so much cultural activity going on in San Miguel, whoever bought the paintings was very inspired and though they were beautiful. You know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He/she might be a good hotelier but is a lousy art critic to be honest.

So what got short of excellence? Just a couple of things. First, the dinner was good, not perfect. But even for a local that is not expecting huge quantities like in the US, it seemed to me that the portions came from a tasting menu. I even told them that the trial was good, please bring the whole dish now.

Also they talked me into the brunch for Sunday (it wasn’t hard as the regular breakfast would end at 10 am). The brunch was fine (too spicy even for a local, though, so please ask in advance. If they say is a “little” hot, stay away or get yourself 2 litres of Evian water on the side), but there was a significant issue: San Miguel is truly in the country, so there are ranches nearby. If you have ranches, you have cows, if you have cows, you have flies, if you have an open brunch, the flies tend to trade the cows for the brunch. You get the picture.

My wife couldn’t go past the fruit when she saw all the flies hovering around the food. We took this to the attention of the restaurant manager and suggested to install a fan nearby to make it hard for the flies to stay for lunch. They reacted and it worked, but as they flew away, so did our appetite. Hopefully this will get fixed for the next visit.

So bottom line is that the Rosewood is still one of the best hotels in all of central Mexico, including Mexico City with the exception of the Four Seasons. There are other hotels in San Miguel with very special charm like Casa de Sierra Nevada (the rooms actually belong to houses from more than 200 years ago that were somehow connected) and is my alternative choice. However if you want exceptional service and modern installations this is the place.

The hotel needs a few more months to work on details, it is still not Las Ventanas, but I am sure it will get there. By the way, it is not cheap. Expect to spend around $800 USD a night including dinner and brunch. Still I think it’s money well spent.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear PegasoMex,

Thank you for your comments regarding the areas of opportunity detected by you during your recent stay at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us, at a management level, the experiences you have described and I apologize for you having to endure this. We continually strive to ensure that our every guest enjoys the finest accommodation and outstanding cuisine as well as an exceptional personal service, please accept my most sincere apologies for not fully meeting your expectations on your recent visit. I do, however, want to share with you that during the past weeks we have taken actions in our restaurants that will have a positive impact on the matters you brought to our attention.

I want to reiterate my appreciation for your feedback, please feel free to contact me directly for any arrangements during your upcoming visits to Rosewood San Miguel de Allende.
Best,

Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel, the Luna Bar (terrace) has a wonderful view of the cathedral, rooms are well decorated and comfortable. We really liked the food. There were a few issues that left us not giving this hotel a 5 stars.

First, in our seconds night , the nightly turn down service came to our room. Since we were almost ready to leave the room we asked them if they could come back and they "agreed". The surprise was that they never came back!!!. When I called front desk, around 11pm, they told me that there was no one that could come to service the room until the morning. I would assume a hotel like this would have someone 24 hrs, considering the rates they charge.

Second, in our last night, we received the checkout statement with a letter stating that if we didn't checkout by 12 pm we will be charged 50% of the nightly rate. After 2pm the full nightly rate!!! I consider this letter not necessary and kind of rude. If a customers asks for a late checkout you can politely tell them that its not possible or that its not your policy to provide late checkouts (I assume this from your letter). Seeing this letter makes you appreciate hotels that provide late checkout to customers, when possible.

These details may seem irreverent, but I think details are the difference in top notch hotels. I hope you take my comments constructively.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RosewoodSanMiguel, General Manager at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Dear zarampahuilo1,

I am happy to know that overall you enjoyed your stay at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende. I indeed appreciate your constructive feedback and I want to assure you that I have shared your comments with my management team and implemented the necessary proceedings in the aim of preventing these particulars from recurring.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any arrangements you may need in your future visits at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel. Earlier reviews disparaged the hotels gardens/grounds, but during our recent visit the grounds were beautiful and well kept with a mix of colorful flowers. Earlier reviews commented that the service was slow in the Main restaurant 1826 despite numerous employees standing around. This was not our experience. The staff was
extremely attentive to us. We took the time on our first visit to engage
the staff and try to get to know
them and they reciprocated with
attentive service.
San Miguel is a wonderful town to visit. They weather in early August
was perfect. Cool in fact. I enjoyed
walking the town, eating at different restaurants and going to
the Jardin and watching the people and the numerous Mariachis. Rosewood has a good location for waking to town. San Miguel is a safe place to visit. And the Rosewood is a perfect place to return to after your explorations. I hope I can return someday.
When we left

• Stayed August 2011
RosewoodSanMiguel, General Manager at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Dear Revivor,

Our most important priority at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende is to deliver to our every guest excellence in service, to make them feel pampered, safe, comfortable and at home even when being away from home. Rosewood San Miguel de Allende has indeed gone through natural changes over the course of the last few months since our opening, and our beautiful gardens were not the exception; I am glad you enjoyed the gifts mother nature has given us at Rosewood San Miguel de Allende.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Earlier this month, I had the great pleasure of staying at the Rosewood Resort in the very charming town of San Miguel de Allende.in Mexico. I do not have enough adjectives to describe this wonderful place. It has 67 rooms - the property feels much larger. Perhaps this is because the smallest room is still 500 square feet. I stayed in a junior suite with a very large terrace. I had a fireplace, deep soaking tub, marble bathroom - and more. The service is top notch. Every employee seems to really make sure you are well taken care of - and you are. Restaurants very good. Luna rooftop bar - tapas and cocktails - great. Spa and pool - it has it all. I highly recommend you try it. They arrange for transfers from airports if need be. Leon around 1 and 1/2 hoursdrive. Another possibility is Mexico City - cheaper air fares and nonstops - 3 hour pleasant drive. Rosewood Resort and San Miguel are a perfect match. I am a Travel Agent and I would recommend both resort and town with great confidence

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear elizabeth94019,

It’s wonderful to learn that many share the same lasting emotions about Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, and the magical town where it is located. Thank you for sharing your nice comments, we hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Managing Director

Been to Rosewood San Miguel de Allende? Share your experiences!