“A romantic getaway worthy of one of Mexico's most beautiful and friendly cities!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antigua Capilla Bed and Breakfast

You added Antigua Capilla Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Antigua Capilla Bed and Breakfast
4.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Callejon de Chepito 16 Int 1, San Miguel de Allende 37700, Mexico   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We traveled by bus to San Miguel and stayed two nights at the Antigua Capilla B & B. The amenities were beautiful, from the spacious and comfortable guest room, to the patio, dining room and the spectacular vista from the terrace. The detailed attention and artistic genious of the owners of this property combined with a personal care and hospitality toward each guest to create a unique and inspiring experience. Just the right distance from the town center, Antigua Capilla is quiet at night while providing guests with exceptional personal security. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
gold coast, australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This B&B looks nice, though that’s about it. It’s very noisy. We could hear guests talking in the other rooms quite clearly during all hours of the day, and the noise from outside regularly woke us early in the morning. The owners are obviously aware of this, as they provide ear plugs in the rooms. We didn’t sleep well at all during our stay. The owners come across as friendly and accommodating, though when it comes to actually helping you with something that you need they seem pretty inept. A thoughtless misquote given to us by one of the owners cost us a significant amount of money. The other thing that really turned me off this B&B was the tipping instruction sheet and envelope they put in all the rooms. This is not a cheap place to stay, and a written letter telling me that your staff can’t survive without my largess is pretty insulting. Sure, if a staff member goes above and beyond what I consider normal service (clean the room, serve the food, etc.) I would feel inclined to give a tip, but otherwise their wage SHOULD be sufficient. All in all, I feel that this B&B is more style than substance, both in terms of facilities and service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
antonieta-francisco, Owner at Antigua Capilla Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We’re extremely saddened by these comments as our number one mission is customer satisfaction, and to know that we didn’t fulfill that mission is heartbreaking. We don’t know who you are, azzabazza18, but we are sure we could have improved your experience, if you would have simply talked to us about any dissatisfaction you may have had during your stay.

Addressing the point about noise, San Miguel de Allende, like most Mexican towns is a festive place. You’ll hear church bells, fireworks, music and on and on. Although our B&B is situated away from most of this noise, we provide earplugs in the rooms for those who might need them. Regarding the perception of our ineptitude and “thoughtless misquote”, the reviewer didn’t provide any specifics, so we cannot address them other than to refer the readers to the rest of the reviews that address our helpfulness. Regarding tipping, we don’t offer tipping instructions. Our note reads, “We are often asked what the ‘proper’ tip should be for our staff. We feel it is strictly up to you.” If you choose not to leave a tip, by all means, don’t tip. We notice the reviewer lives in a country where tipping is not customary, and therefore may not realize the customs of the American continent. We pay our staff a very competitive rate, but it is customary here to tip. In fact, people in the service industry here do depend on their tips for survival.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We came to San Miguel for a wedding and stayed here for the weekend. Prior to our arrival Fernando contacted us and suggested a car service to/from the airport for us. It was $70 one way for both of us and made our arrival/departure so convenient.
Our room was wonderful-we stayed upstairs and the room was spacious and clean. The tub was a wonderful option after our horseback riding experience too!
The breakfasts were delicious. Freshly prepared every morning and very filling.
The location may be the only warning to give people-it is situated on a hill about ten min away from the main part of town. Also- all the streets are cobblestone-which made it very difficult to get around town in our wedding attire. However when we were just site seeing, the walk was short and enjoyable.
Overall a great experience!

• Stayed October 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My fiancee and I chose this quiet B&B in San Miguel de Allende for a short weekend jaunt from D.F. What a treat! This place is beautiful and well-situated to vist the centro if you don't mind a 10-15 minute walk. The design and decor of the B&B is wonderful and the rooms are very comfortable. The owners/managers are great and very personable. I love staying in different places when I visit a city more than once, but I am greatly tempted to stay here again on my next trip to San Miguel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at the Antigua Capilla on my first visit to San Miguel de Allende, and I while they seem to be many beautiful properties to chose from, I was especially drawn to the prospect of a view. And I was not disappointed! The view from the roof was amazing, and I although Mexico was being pummeled by two hurricanes during my stay and the weather was worse than usual, I tried to spend as much time as I could on the roof. But then again it was also tempting to just enjoy the lovely courtyard with the old chappel and an assortment of beautiful hummingbird feeders, and of course the main stars: the hummingbirds. Anybody who enjoys a good flight show will have a great time watching these little guys and their amazing maneuvers. The rooms, as many reviewers have mentioned before me, have everything you'd expect from a 5 star hotel plus individual charm and loving details. I experienced the location up on the hill in a narrow and traffic-free alley as immensely quiet, acknowledging that you are in a Mexican city and certain sounds are not under the control of any property owner. I also enjoyed the hike up a hill on the way home, was appropriately challenged going down the cobble-stoned streets in high heels, and would recommend the use of the friendly and economical taxis to anyone who doesn't enjoy a good city hike. I only wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Have previously stayed in another B&B in san miguel which i thought was a great place to stay. I wanted to try a new place, and I'm glad I did.
Location: it's located about 10min walk to main square in San Miguel. The walk is safe, just a bit hard on the way back due to the fact that it's uphill. That being said, Antigua capilla offers the best view in San Miguel. There's a terrace with seating area that offers great sunset views of san miguel.
Staff: Very friendly and accommodating.
Rooms: The rooms were very comfortable, challenging great hotels with a true authentic mexican flavour. I can tell you that the details of of the house are of great taste and definitely not cheap. Our room had a nice bath tub which just added to our pleasant stay. HD apple TV with premium movies included. Down comforters and pillows. The owners really paid attention to detail. They even had earplugs at bedside so people like me don't fuss of loud church bells in the morning, which can be heard in all of san miguel.
Breakfast: one word Delicious. The breakfast consisted of granola, yogurt, fruid, coffee, wide selection of tea and huevos aogados. All served in talavera pottery.
Overall: this place is a must and for the rates they offer it's unbeatable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

All I can do is reiterate what everyone has said before me. Antigua Capilla is a veritable crafts museum that showcases some of the finest work in Mexico. Except you get to examine it in your room or as you eat breakfast with a great group of people. If you don't feel like going out for the evening there is easy access in your room to a hard drive chocked full of recent movies and TV series. If that isn't enough, Antoineta goes to great lengths to help you fill your day, making recommendations, reservations and arrangements. Thanks to her I had a great stay in San Miguel. Hands down one of the best places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Antigua Capilla Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!