“Good quality” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Paris, France
“Good quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Tio Lucas is located opposite the theatre in San Miguel de Allende. Inside, the decor is a bit like a 1950s movie set of a restaurant. We went there a couple of times during our stay in San Miguel in February 2012. The first time was after we left the theatre opposite, and wanted to have a meal. It looked expensive, but we thought we would give it a try. There were six of us, and the waiter managed to find us a comfortable table, even though it was quite full. As this was a Saturday evening, there was a live jazz trio playing, and they were good! The cuisine is a fusion of Mexican and traditional N. American (steaks, etc.). The food was tasty and portions were generous, and when the bill came, we were pleasantly surprised at the how reasonable it was. Accordingly we had decided to go there for our last meal in Mexico before returning home. We had a more elaborate meal, complete with Caesar salad, aperitifs (margaritas, etc.) and wine. Again, we were pleased at the quality, and the price. All the food was good, but the os buco ordered by my wife was especially good - so much meat she had to pass her plate over to me to finish it. I would definitely make a point of eating there again if I once again find myself in San Miguel

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“The service is best when Max is there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great food and drinks - enjoy the atmosphere. Service is best when Max is there. Share the steak.

Visited April 2012
san miguel de allende
“Food here are now so much better than before !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Finally Max the owner listened to many people complaints about the food and does something about it . Upon my returned visit , this time I noticed the attention and freshness in the food and the food here is now so much better than before, the Caesar salad are fresh and very good , I like the guacamole and the pork ribs appetizer , the chicken fajita is nicely done and don't forget to try the Irish coffee , it's a nice show and an experience to watch how they did it. Thumb up to Max for improving the food, since this place is one of the most beautiful restaurant in town .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ajijic, Mexico
“Good food. Service needs improving.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

When there on a Saturday night. Had the Cesar salad made at the table. The waiter who made it knew his job but postioned himself too far from the table to watch him. Watching how he makes it is part of the experience. I guess he didn't care, he looked bored.
Anyway the result tasted very good. Fresh romaine lettuce and excellent flavor.
I ordered the medallions of beef with red wine sauce, medium rare. It was cooked to perfection and very tasty. Choice of potato and vegetables was included in the price. A very good 4 piece band played from 9pm. Before their appearance there were strolling guitar players. Tip was 60 pesos for a couple of songs.
Also had Margharitas and red wine. Both were good choices.
Would go back again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“not worth the effort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We went because we were recommended. What a mistake, the filet mignon, I do not thinks was a filet, more like round steak tenderized, and even then not tender. The saving grace was the spinach which was very good. This place is "tired" it needs some TLC and the food needs improvement as well. I was there 2.5 years ago and said I would never go back, now for sure I will never go back.

• Visited April 2012