“Disgusting food!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
San Diego, California
“Disgusting food!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Completely disgusting food!!! The kitchen has the septic tank top, can imagine how unhealthy this is? I do not understand why Mexico's health authorities (SSA) do not monitor these restaurants, and as SSA allowed to open a restaurant that has a septic tank in the kitchen! PLUS, the attitude of the waiters is terrible!

Visited November 2012

New York City, New York
“Liars and really bad Chinese foold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was visiting San Miguel and wanted a change of menu, so I tried Palacio Chino. At the entry they have advertised "Now in San Miguel de Allende" and referenced their association with China Palace in Pittsburgh, which is a top rated and award winning Chinese Restaurant, which I had frequented and was happy to see that they somehow expanded to Mexico. The courtyard dining was lovely and surrounded by very interesting galleries (not owned by Palacio Chino). I was expecting world class Chinese cuisine and they brought me rancid oil rice, some odd creation of sweet and sour, and just generally inedible food. When I returned to New York where I currently live, I contacted China Palace in Pittsburgh to complain, and what a surprise, they have never heard of Palacio Chino, have no association with them, and were very bewildered as to why Palacio Chino is claiming to be associated. In the end, these people are liars and have no business running a restaurant, and less business trying to steal the success of a well deserved restaurant who shares nothing more than a similar name.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“horrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Nothing good to say about this restaurant, wish I had never tried it

Visited June 2012
Morelia, Mexico
“An Oasis in Centro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I love this place. I'm not passing any judgments on how authentic this Chinese food may or may not be, but I do know that it's consistently well above the mark. I've probably eaten several dozen times here, and I've never come away disappointed. The location is just right, the atmosphere cheerful and comfortably, and the service outstanding. It's head and shoulders over most eateries in the Centro Historico.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Very few customers, but surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

As a Chinese girl, I was ACHING to eat something that reminded me of home--especially after five months in San Miguel de Allende without eating good Chinese food. El Palacio Chino is not as good as at home, but it hit the spot, and the food is very tasty. I wish the fried rice had more ingredients in it, but the muscles with garlic and chili appetizer was really good, and I enjoyed the Chicken mushu lettuce wrap

Visited April 2012