“Comfortable, luxurious and welcoming hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Misha

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Miguel de Allende
Casa Misha
You added Casa Misha to your Saves list
Chiquitos #15, San Miguel de Allende 37700, Mexico   |
“Comfortable, luxurious and welcoming hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Casa misha

We are on our way back home, and I couldn't wait to start writing my review. Of all the hotels I've ever stayed in, this one is one of my favorite 3! (Along with "the tides" in Rivera maya and a boutique cave hotel in Capadocia, Turkey whose name eludes me right now).

The rave reviews on this page make it justice.
Supreme service, softest linens you have ever felt, private breakfast on top of a terrace viewing San Miguel's cathedral, complete with silver silver ware and gold plated china.

Our suite had a huge concrete tub in it's own private room, which was an added bonus.
I loved L'occitane toiletries, and oily bubbly bath salts for the tub.
We also had a private terrace, and a fireplace.

The hotel had an awesome tv room full of classic movies you could watch on a 80" flat screen.

The decor was to die for, the best combination between French and old Mexican, mixed in with Old British flare.

Location is also very convenient. Three blocks away from main plaza, everything at 5-8 minute walking distance.

We can't wait to come again, and will surely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this magical city.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
whitefish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I think all the past reviews have said it all. My husband and I spent 10 nights in SMA's most beautiful Casa Misha. We were in the Parroquia room. We had our own private baloney patio. We so enjoyed the wonderful, friendly staff. Magdelana "Mag" and Juan are truly shining stars. Having wonderful breakfast served in several different locals, served on different bone china everyday with a Spanish lesson from Juan. We had the hotel do some of our laundry, by accident I had put an embroidery shirt in. Our laundry came back perfect. We highly recommend Casa Misha for your next trip to SMA.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

What wasn't there to love at Casa Misha? We started each day on our balcony with a breakfast (included) of fruits and yoghurt, and Mexican eggs if we chose, served on China by Juan. A couple of evenings ended delightfully after dinner out in the very English library over a book and conversation with a nice bottle of Richard's pick of reds. In between we were pampered. Casa Misha is a quite comfortable boutique hotel, with the highest standards, from the beautiful bathrooms to the comfortable beds and sitting rooms. (No swimming pool, which wasn't a problem.) Magda, the charming and very smart concierge and more, helped us with a cooking school and reservations before we arrived and during our stay, and reliable knowledge of restaurants and SMA events. An excellent researcher and willing communicator, what she wasn't sure of, she found out. We travel a good deal, in Mexico and elsewhere, and place Casa Misha in the first rank.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Casa Misha. I spent 8 nights in their beautiful Parroquia room. I enjoyed the room's private patio - a nice place to relax after hours of walking around San Miguel. The roof top patio was a wonderful place to have breakfast -- I highly recommend the French Toast! Additionally, the staff was so wonderful - they made me feel like a very special guest. They provided suggestions on site seeing as well as arranging transportation for me. The location of Casa Misha is perfect. Just a couple of blocks from the Jardin (center of town). This was my 3rd trip to San Miguel - I travel solo and feel safer there than my hometown of Denver! SMA is a wonderful town and staying at Casa Misha enhanced the experience. It could not have been better. Thank you Casa Misha-especially Magda & Juan, for taking such good care of me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Culiacan, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I just spent last weekend at SMA. Thanks to Casa Misha and every member of their staff, this was a truly memorable trip. We felt really pampered and at home. The ranking and reviews do match the experience.

The room we stayed in was "Terraza". We loved the french touch to it and, as many reviewers wrote before us... We truly loved the SO VERY SOFT linen. "Terraza" has beautiful light and a private terrace, the bathroom is spacious and its tiles' divine.

We had our breakfast served at their Rooftop on the most delicate china, each morning they surprised us with a different set and with very homey cooking. Juan made our meals very pleasant, while we could profit the great view.

Magda, Darwin, Ramiro, Juan y Juan... They were all hospitality personified. Always smiling and willing to assist our every request and need. From our very first call to place our reservation to our check out, Casa Misha's staff was truly committed to make our stay wonderful...

Ramiro even went out to the pharmacy for us, and they were also extra nice to some friends of ours that came to town to visit for the day, helping them to find parking for their car ( Parking in San Miguel for day visitors and on a busy weekend can be challenging). There is a Spa right down the street from the hotel, Laja Spa, and Magda arranged those appointments for us. Also, they always had a great recommendation available on Restaurants, our favorite was "The Restaurant".

The house is beautiful, the living areas and the interior gardens are very cozy and the taste of the owners is impeccable. The location puts you right at SMA's Centro, but yet at the cutest and most tranquil street (Chiquitos).

The perfect place for a romantic and relaxation weekend. The perfect city for that purpose as well.

We hope to go back to Casa Misha on our next visit to San Miguel =).

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We just came back from our trip to San Miguel de Allende (SMA) it was great experience to stay in there.
One of the reasons I decided to stay Casa misha was through this tripadvisor. And I must say the rate was right.
This stay was especially for my husband birthday, so I need to plan well before our visit.
There is the receptionist, Magda did help me a lots. What are the option for decor the room about birthday, book spa, also she gave me the lists of great restaurant over there, which were really helpful. (all of her suggestion were correct)
When we arrived there, it was late than the time we wanted. So our resevation to the resraurant had to change. But other staffs did help us to book another restaurant, which was great place as well.
The room was decor which is mix of European a little touch of Mexican. Our room"Jardin" was located on the ground floor, which has private balcony. The room has fire place, that was really good in the night. They have large bath tab, separate from shower. Their bed was very comfortable not too soft but not hard. The hotel building is not so new but well-maintenanced.
Their "Patio" was filled with green and flower.
One of great things about this hotel was breakfast. We had beautiful breakfast on the top of the hotel, seeing whole view of SMA. This was so romantic. On the day of my husband birthday, hotel provided small tart for my husband after breakfast, that was a little suprise to my husband.
All of staffs were very kind and helpful, especially Juan and Darwin.
Hopefully, we can back there near future.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

There is a reason that 90/92 reviews were 5 stars--have you ever seen such a high percentage?
This was our second stay at Casa Misha and they have not lost a step in their delivery of beautiful rooms decorated by the very talented Ed George who we are trying to get to come to decorate our house in NJ. Both Ed and Richard (the owners) run the place with every attention to details right down to the linens which probably have the highest thread count available.
Ed and George have trained a most congenial staff who do everything possible to make sure that your stay in SMdeA is the best. Magdalena and Juan are the two that come most to mind, but everyone is top drawer.
If you don't know SM, I should tell you that the location is the best. Right in the Centro near all of the restaurants and activities, yet the street is very quiet.

Room Tip: We've stayed in 3 of the rooms and they are all special and all quiet.