“Second Visit. Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanddeiniolen
BERKHAMSTED
“Second Visit. Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our second visit to Tyn Rhos using NatWest " Your points " for 2 nights plus 1 evening meal via buy a gift; cost to me nothing; just use the charge card. I was more than happy to pay for £80 ish for the two of us to eat in second night. Everything about it was even better than last time. Breakfast huge and well cooked and from 7.30am. Attention to the fine dining is top notch as is the service which is attentive but not overpowering. It was I think full even on a wet,very wet last week in September. Wi-Fi even workings in bedroom now but a bit slow. I will come again even if I have to pay full amount and, I have a holiday home in Wales. Keep up the fine work

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Powys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed with four guests in five rooms in May. All the rooms were different with rear character but the main attraction was the gardens and the restaurant - food was superb. Fresh milk for tea from a fridge in reception +ve . Don't worry worry about small TVs and other quirks - enjoy the beautiful surroundings and excellent hosting form the owners - we will be returning

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was very impressed with the staff, location and style of this country house and I would defiantly return. Excellent location for Snowdon. My main emphasis would be upon the restaurant. The food was fantastic, I would like to say that this restaurant is worth a visit to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

During a recent visit here we offered some feedback on the service and food when asked if 'everything was okay' (food excellent, service sometimes leaves a lot to be desired) and ended up on the wrong side of the manager/owner. If you like it here, great; if you don't, I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself, lest you get an earful of abuse. We will not be going here again, which is a shame as the food is great and it's in a nice location.

Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in August 2012. Overall experience positive as the staff welcoming and friendly. Our room was really on the small side for a double room and unfortunately could hear the neighbours upstairs/next door either snoring or the phone ringing. The breakfast was excellent for those wishing a full blown cooked breakfast there is plenty of choice. There were no issues regarding my bringing my own gluten free items for breakfast i.e. bread to be toasted. Unfortunately we did not eat in the restaurant which apparently has an excellent reputation and is extremely popular, so cannot comment on this. The house is located in beautiful surroundings and has a lovely conservatory over looking the gardens. Good view ..when it is not raining in Wales! There is a comfortable lounge and a bar area as well. Well located for touring Snowdonia. Having some experience of 5 star establishments, feel that this does not live up to that. But then few places in the UK do!

Room Tip: check on the size of the rooms as they vary.
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The hubby and I have just returned from a 2 night break at this hotel. We weren't wanting to climb a mountain..rather escape for a couple of nights R&R (the inlaws had agreed to have the kids) ..and what a beautiful place to find it.
My hubby works in the hotel trade and as a result we have stayed in lots of nice hotels around the country, but I can honestly say none have felt so homely and also luxurious at the same time.
The gardens are beautiful and well maintained and the staff are extremely approachable, friendly and seem very proud of their place of work. Special mention must go to the owners Stephen and Hillary, who are very hands on, knowledgeable about the local area..and are just a genuinely lovely couple.
The food is excellent, we had the 5 course dinner both nights, I didn't think I would be able to manage it but it is just so melt in your mouth delicious you find yourself just eating it anyway! (Plus although excellent value for money, the portion sizes are just right and not over-facing)
The rooms are large, airy and spotlessly clean with all the luxury touches you would expect from larger hotels (thick fluffy towels/bathrobes etc)
In short, we had the most relaxing and amazing mini-break and truly can not wait to return..the only problem is getting the inlaws to have the kids again!
We can not rate this beautiful little gem of a hotel highly enough..you just have to book and see for yourselves!

Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife decided, and quite rightly, that we needed a weekend break. Her research pointed to this hotel and, quite frankly, who was I to argue... and just as well!

The weary couple plus energetic 12 year old son and even more bouncy great dane were warmly welcomed upon arrival at this seductive and 'tucked away in the Welsh hills' establishment.
We were guided to our room which formed part of a courtyard off the main building. This was quite simply huge, warmly and very comfortably decorated, with an open apex ceiling, it seemed too good to be true and this was obviously written all over my face as my wife caught my eye. She was wearing a very smug grin, what could I say other than " Well done love!"
Kid and dog happy, a quick shower and a pre-dinner pint was my primary objective. As I walked from our accommodation to the main building, my attention was distracted from my alcohol quarry by a truly absorbing view of Anglesey at sunset.
The dog settled, the 3 of us sat in the large conservatory pondering over the menu enjoying a selection of tasty and imaginative amuse bouche.
The evening meal was excellent, the food simply delicious. The service was superb and highly professional yet friendly and you couldn't help but relax and that was the whole reason for being there.
We stayed for 2 nights and during our stay,( which upon reflection felt like 2 minutes), we had several conversations with other guests whilst exploring the hotel's well laid grounds (and whilst in pursuit of my large idiot of a dog!). Unanimously it was firmly agreed that Tyn Rhos has an intoxicating ambiance which, without realizing, switches you off from the 'hustle and bustle' of working day life.... well, just for those magical couple of days anyway!!
I am sure we will re-visit.
Well done to the family that own and run this haven. You really have hit the nail on the head!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tyn Rhos Country House? Share your experiences!