“A Great Value Overnight Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Grand Hotel Senia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Rue du Bas Marin, 94310 Orly, France   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Orly
Halifax, United Kingdom
“A Great Value Overnight Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was looking for a cheap stay near the ORY airport before starting a week of travel. This place caught my attention due to the good price and inclusion of a free airport shuttle.

After arriving at ORY I made my way to the airport hotel collection point where I waited about 10 minutes for the hotel shuttle, quite acceptable.
The hotel itself is located around 10 minutes drive from the airport and on an industrial estate. At first glance it looks a bit run down and it is very very basic, but the staff are amazing. I was welcomed warmly and given the lowdown on breakfast (included in the price) times and so on.
My room was very small and had a single bed, a small shower room and a small place to hang clothes, but it was clean.
I really struggled to connect to the free Wi-Fi and contacted the reception. Once again they were very helpful and tried to assist me. We could not make this work however, but they provided me with a cable to connect in my room which worked in the end.

I ate at a pizza place just next to the hotel and the food was ok. They also provided me with a few beers to take back to my room as it looks like the hotel has no bar facilities.

Breakfast was quite nice, just simple stuff like cereal, yoghurt and breads but it was ample.

There is a shopping mall about 15 minutes walk away from the hotel if you wanted to do some shopping or grab something more substantial to eat.

Overall, a good deal for me. Very basic which I don't mind and the staff really make the effort to help you out and feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

If Easy Jet had hotels then this would be it. It was clean and tidy. No frills and was good for a quick overnight stay. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was filling and in a help yourself fashion you could stay as long as you like. The best thing was the shuttle bus to the airport which saves you money. When you arrive at the airport go to the information desk tell the receptionist the hotel name. They then phone the hotel and send the bus. On check in tell them what time you want to return, easy as pie! If it is a scenic area you want don't stay here. This hotel is for the quick turnaround guest.

Room Tip: They are all the same.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had to find a hotel near Orly at the last minute because I got stuck at the airport unexpectedly. This hotel exceeded my expectations! The room was very clean and much bigger than expected (double bed for me + plenty of space for my suitcase!) The shuttle was very convenient - it came to pick me up just 20 minutes after I made my booking, and then brought me back to the airport at the ungodly hour of 5am! The staff were also helpful and spoke great English.

Cons: by the time I got there (around 8pm) none of the food places around the area were open - and anyway there is only one Pizzeria that is within easy walking distance. So it's not great for food.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The location is unappealing - an industrial estate opposite an IKEA - but the hotel itself is OK. Collection is offered from Orly Airport and the Rungis RER. I was flying next day from Orly. I took the Orlyval to the airport, phoned the hotel, and the 'navette' arrived in a few minutes. My single room was small but quite OK, and breakfast at extra cost was as you would expect from a budget hotel. Next door there is a rather louche pizzaria, I think you would need to go a distance for something better - but, again, sufficient for an overnight stop.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Strathroy, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay if you in between flights or plan to leave from Orly early in the morning. The pick-up to/from the airport was seamless. The rooms are comfortable and reasonably large by European standards. Continental breakfast was available (and reasonably good) for an extra cost. There is not much around the hotel but if you take about a 10-15 minute walk, there is an outdoor shopping mall associated with IKEA. The mall is quite modern and does provide choices for dining.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My friend and I were in Paris for the first time. Considering that we were not able to do a little research on the place, we just had to rely on other's reviews of the hotel. All we knew is that it is quite near Orly airport where we will take our flight to Barcelona. When we got off the Metro, we immediately tried to contact the hotel, thanks to the kind lady at the Metro who offered her phone to make the call. As soon as we have informed them of our whereabouts, they had their van to pick us up in less than 15 minutes. Isn't that just great? When we got to the hotel, we inquired about having our boarding pass printed which the lady at the front desk said we just need to email them. In less than an hour, we had our printed boarding passes delivered to our room. Now that's what I call service! To top it all, they have a very clean bathroom. Even though the airconditioning was not as cold as we would have wanted to, I would still highlyrecommend the hotel because of the superb service we got from their very friendly and kind staff.

• Stayed October 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here for a night as I had an early flight - very good for this as there is an early morning shuttle and wake up call. It was difficult to get to from central Paris, but to be near the airport it was worth it. I have no idea if there was much food available in the area. The tv and bathroom were okay, and the internet was excellent. Great utilities - probably would stay again if I had another early morning flight as it was good for a quick stop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Grand Hotel Senia? Share your experiences!