“Most improved of the Sambuca's” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
North East
“Most improved of the Sambuca's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Occasional user of this restaurant as it's handy for a cheap and cheerful lunch or supper, but wasn't overly impressed with standards of food or service during my last visit in March so gave it a miss for a while. I decided to give it another go (on Tuesday 5th June). A marked difference - staff more attentive and helpful, food better looking and tasting. My only criticism is the level of echoing noise - too many hard surfaces for the sound to bounce off. I'll be happy to visit again soon though, because the food was great.

Visited June 2012

73% Recommend
Blyth
“Good Food Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

If you're looking for good food, great atmosphere and family friendly this is the place for you.

Visited May 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good Meal at a price that should meet most peoples budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have been to Sambuca's several times over the years, and everytime we go, we come back satisified.
Today (26th May 2012) was no different.

4 of us were dining. (We had booked a table - but when we arrived restaurant was full, waitress informed us that there would be approx a 10 minutes wait - no problem we said, and true to her word table was ready for us within 10 minutes)

4 Starters ordered - and all arrived and were consumed with no complaints.
I had the Garlic Mushrooms, and they were very nice, but maybe a touch too much Garlic and the price (£3.40) was a little high for what you got, all the others starters were good.

4 Mains (1 which was a starter and they upgraded to a Main) also consumed with no complaints.

I cannot resist Cheesecake and when I heard the cheesecake of the day was Strawberry, I could not resist, and I'm glad that I did not, as this was quickly demolished.

4 Starters & 4 Mains & 3 desserts with 3 bottles of Wine cost approx £80.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“like being on a conveyer belt”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

cheap but not cheerfull,you are rushed in and steam rolled out,the food is only what you pay for poor,not a nice place for nice people!!!!!

Visited May 2012
newcastle
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

As always no complaints and fab value for the family

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere