I took a quick side trip on my way back to Canada from Vegas to ski for 2 days in Vail. The Christie Lodge had very reasonable rates over the Christmas holidays. Below are some of my observations:
1)Great location, close to Beaver Creek, the lodge has a bus stop right out front. Also a reasonable bus ride to Vail ski resort.
2) Accomodations were spacious- had kichenette, fireplace, bedroom which was more than enough for one person.
3) Subway on site for a quick bite to eat.
4) Ski rental shop right on site so that I did not have to waste time at the ski hill waiting for rentals.
5) Very helpful and friendly concierge.
1) No luggage storage. On my last day after checkout, I had to store my belongings with housekeeping while I went to Vail to ski.
2) Check out is really early: 10am
3) Long walk from check in counter to the room. Difficult if you are in ski boots with those stairs.
4) Wi-Fi is slooooooooooooooooow.
5) Some of the hotel staff just ignored me when I asked for help.
Given the good location and the fact that I did not have a vehicle, I thought Christie Lodge was a good value for what I paid but don't expect 5 star service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Christie Lodge is your home to relax and enjoy the breathtaking natural beauty of the surrounding mountains in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Conveniently located in the heart of the Vail Valley, the Christie Lodge in Avon, Colorado offers affordable one and three bedroom suites with easy access to Vail and Beaver Creek Resorts. Complimentary access to wireless internet, free parking and no resort fees create added value in this world class mountain destination. Spacious one bedroom suites average 410 square feet and feature a queen bed, kitchenette, wood-burning fireplace in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. Three bedroom suites offer two additional bedrooms containing a queen bed, each with an en suite bathroom. All accommodations offer, two flat screen TV's, a queen pullout sleeper sofa, and a private balcony.Christie Lodge amenities include heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools and four hot tubs. The lodge also provides a variety of activities including a kid's activity center, ping pong tables, and Foosball. Our 24 hour front desk, knowledgeable concierge staff, local in-house sporting goods shop, on-site car rental and complimentary shuttle service to Beaver Creek Resort highlight the services Christie Lodge provides to our guests. Be yourself at the Christie Lodge ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your Christie Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christie Hotel Avon
- The Christie Lodge
- Christie Lodge Avon, CO - Beaver Creek