“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Vegan, Bar, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 6
Transit: Eco Transit, our valley wide bus system stops just two blocks away at the Avon Station. Depart the bus and walk West to HWY 6 and then walk one block South. We are on HWY 6 to the right. For the Avon bus system, get off at the Christie Lodge and cross the street.
Description: Two for One Dinner Entrees with a purchase of a bottle of wine! Join us for Half Priced Bar Apps during Happy Hour from 4:30-6:30 daily. We use only the finest grass finished, family farmed meats and cook up old fashioned American and pair it with dishes from around the world. Just down the street from Beaver Creek, Blue Plate is a must for any local or traveler to the Vail Valley.
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We loved the cheese fondue. Fish and chips were light and tasty. Also enjoyed the calamari and onion soup. Only drawback was we were cold and are coats were hung up front so we did not have them to warm up.

Visited February 2013

Virginia
“Good food but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We enjoyed dinner with friends here and it was not exactly the experience we expected but we still had a wonderful night. Food was very good but on the pricey side. We had a nice table and I was happy with their wine selection but somehow it just just a pinch "off". As I said, food was lovely (I had the duck which was flavorful and well presented; my boyfriend had the filet and it was tender and flavorful). Our server was not well received by our dining companions who felt he continued to "upsell" us and talked our friend into a higher priced fish dish that frankly disappointed. That was off putting to them but we were not particularly concerned. I was concerned when he forgot my 20 year tawny port because I find it odd that a server would not make note of someone ordering a $20 port. Again, food was quite good and were I ever back in Beavercreek I would give it any try but that night, something seemed just a little 'off'.

Visited January 2013
“Good pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great happy hour at a good value. Liked it very much. We had the meat lovers pizza. Got there before the crowd got there

Visited January 2013
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was a little worried about going here after seeing some of the reviews but I must tell you it was great. All the food was excellent and even though our server seemed busy, she was very nice. At event he slightest problem, the manager came over to make sure everything was good. A little bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Definitely a place to go in avon.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Avon
“Duck!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My hubby loves the duck and says it's possibly the best he has ever had. I owe them a decent review if he loves it so much!

Visited December 2012