“Wonderfully upscale Mexican with modern twists” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 32 restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Connecticut
“Wonderfully upscale Mexican with modern twists”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Loved the inspired menu. Even simple guac and chips was beautifully prepared and presented. Crab and shrimp enchiladas are not something I've seen before - this is not your standard Mexican fare. Everything was wonderful from the impressive drinks menu to desert. Even their "flaming coffee" went beyond standard. I see reviews that criticized service. We found the entire wait staff attentive and friendly. And sitting outside on a beautiful summer evening with views of the mountains made for a excellent evening all around.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

67% Recommend
“Fantastic food... horrendous service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Sat at the bar... took 10 min to be acknowledged and order a drink. Thankfully the bartender had the good sense to comp it. Ordered an entree for dinner which was received promptly, but then tried for 15 min to order a glass of wine to go with it with no luck... My glass from my last drink is sitting empty the whole time and every bartender is just too busy to notice or assist. How is this possible when I'm sitting right in front of them??

Once I cleaned my plate, without any wine, and managed to ask for the check then they offered another drink... no thanks!

I was here the previous day during happy hour and the service was great. Obviously don't bother coming in during dinner when it's busy as you literally have to flag down frantic bartenders to get any service at all... and even then you likely won't get it.

Great food, but don't bother if you value your time or want a good overall experience.

Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
“Refined Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first visit to Maya, although we have eaten at the other restaurants that had been located in the same place. They have changed the decor somewhat, but the real attraction is the lovely views both up toward Beaver Creek and west down the valley.

After a surprisingly bland and lackadaisical reception by the hostess the service improved dramatically. Our waiter, Cesar, was great. We had a lot of questions (especially about the extensive tequila selection) and requested recommendations. He provided both graciously.

We had the tableside quacamole which was great. We ordered the traditional, but they also offer bacon and crab versions. The nice thing about the tableside service was that we could moderate the heat and the amount of onions and tomatoes. They put a sprinkling of tangy cheese over the top that was nice and different. My husband wanted his a bit hotter so the young woman who prepared the quacamole gave him a bowl of serrano peppers on the side.

My husband tried their chicken mole and I went with the pork carnitas. The carnitas were moist, and flavorful in a slightly citrus-y sauce. Neither of us were disappointed. We also had margaritas. He had one made with an infused tequila and I had one with Grand Marnier. On the rocks, of course.

I would definitely recommend a visit to Maya.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great Mexican Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Really different menu items, full mole dinners, corn tortillas being hand made in front of the diners. A terrific mix of fish, chicken and pork entrees.

The best view of Beaver Creek Mountain overlooking the pool and spa area. really a wonderful night.

The bartenders have a deep knowledge of tequila that they are eager to share!

Very reasonably priced. 2 Margs, bottle of wine, ceviche starter, taco dinner, shrimp mole dinner, salsa tortillas: $98.

Definitely go back,

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vail, Colorado
“Fantastic food - horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We've been to Maya three times and each time was the same - outstanding food, a creative menu but terrible service. During our second visit the hostess comped our entire meal the service was so bad. On our third visit, several items were taken off the bill to compensate for the service.

My wife and I enjoy the food so much we've gone back in spite of the service, but this can continue for just so long. I fear the restaurant is developing a reputation. In fact, one of the valets mentioned to me as he was getting our vehicle that he's heard that same theme repeatedly--excellent food, terrible service