“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin 48 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Continental
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Free Avon restaurant shuttle from Beaver Creek, call (970) 949-1938 for details.
Description: Open table 2011, diners choice most notable wine list, top 50
Denver, CO
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

We're from Denver and have gone to Vin48 twice now on two different weekend trips to Vail/BC,most recently this past weekend. I think this is one of the better restaurants in the Summit County area. They have a delicious menu and a great staff. We'll definitely return!

orlando, florida
“Always a first”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We always use Trip Advisor when traveling and have had great success all around the United States and in Europe. So we were very surprised at our experience here. The service was both slow and indifferent though not quite bad enough to ruin a good meal, had we had one. My soup was mediocre and the brunt of table jokes as to how it barely covered the bottom of the bowl. The salad was better. The two sides we had ordered with the main course were served with the appetizer [huh?] and were cool as if they had been waiting some time, which, given the service, is likely]. The risotto was flavorless and undercooked [hard rice is unpleasant] and the french fries were rubbery. The main courses were again cool with the "kobe" Wellington [strangely served with shrimpettes] having an odd ability to coat the tongue with an unpleasant residue. The chicken was nice except for the, er, vinegar sauce and the mushrooms had clearly been cooked too long ago. My pork cheeks had an interesting combination of meat and guacamole but again had clearly been sitting for a while before being served. My daughter, a desert freak, left 3/4 of her desert behind; again, a first. I'd like to think we caught them on a bad night given all the nice things said about them but a truly good restaurant should never have a truly bad night like the one they shared with us.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“NEW YEAR'S EVE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

My family and I went to Vin 48 for New Year's dinner. We preferred the early sitting in order to have time to ring in the new year at a party that was later that evening. We had picked this restaurant based on its reviews and so naturally we were excited about eating there. The excitement left as soon as we got there. To put it simply we were treated like cattle. We were rushed to the table and and they quickly brought in the dishes. The waiter would even wait at our table to see if we were done and quickly removed the plate. The whole service was horrible. The food was even worse. We had ordered Goose which was brought to us raw and when we asked to cook it more the waiter was very bothered and brought back the plate with Goose still raw and said there was nothing else he could do. After dinner they brought desert which was made at Costco or at least it had the same flavor as frozen deserts from Costco. When desert was done, which by the way we didn't eat the waiter brought the bill and never gave us the opportunity to ask for coffee or tea. I was quite disgusted with food and service and then to make matter worse the bill was almost $700.00 and that was without any alcoholic beverages. I did complain to the manger after this horrific experience and he had nothing to say except to offer me a drink which I probably could have used. I am here to tell anyone who is considering going to this place, DON'T! Spend your money at a worth while place like Marabel's which is where we ate the following night. What a breath of fresh air that place was!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Great food, wine and atmosphere all in one location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Our entire family ventured over to Vin 48 for dinner during the holiday week and we were lucky to have a reservation. The place filled up quickly but the service stayed attentive throughout the meal! Our server Jennifer provided great descriptions of the dishes and any of the wines we asked about. The menu was a mix of small and large plates with a great variety of flavors and vegetarian options. I ordered the warm goat cheese and beet salad to start followed by the braised lamb and homemade spinach parpadelle. Everyone one at our table enjoyed their dishes. We ordered a great German Pinot Noir to try something new and it was a great pairing for the dinner.
We haven't made it to happy hour yet but they have 48% off selected bottles and $5 small plates. In addition they are offering 4 and 5 course menus for NYE followed by live music so we will be heading over there before we leave the valley.

Ogden, Utah
“Great food and drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

We ate at Vin 48 on Thanksgiving day during a snowboard trip to Vail. We spent a lot of time selecting out restaurant because we did not want to be relegated to a thanksgiving buffet. We selected Vin 48 because they were offering a Thanksgiving option plus the regular menu.

After being seated, it took a while for our server to get to us. However, once he was there the service was excellent. It was a little slow compared to something like a chain, but we like to take our time (and we were on vacation), so it didn't bother us at all. We ordered cocktails and also got a bottle of wine from their prodigious selection. I ordered the four-course Thanksgiving meal and my boyfriend ordered off the regular menu.

Both our meals were excellent. My Thanksgiving mean, which included butternut soup, a fall salad, a Thanksgiving plate with all the fixings (creamed onions, stuffing, brussels sprouts, etc), and pumpkin cheesecake. It rivaled my mom's home-cooking. My boyfriend's lamb shank was equally good.

The final tab with 20% tip came to almost $200, but that included a $56 bottle of wine. For us, it was our big meal out, so it was worth it.