“NEW YEAR'S EVE” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin 48 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Continental
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Free Avon restaurant shuttle from Beaver Creek, call (970) 949-1938 for details.
Description: Open table 2011, diners choice most notable wine list, top 50
Texas
“NEW YEAR'S EVE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

My family and I went to Vin 48 for New Year's dinner. We preferred the early sitting in order to have time to ring in the new year at a party that was later that evening. We had picked this restaurant based on its reviews and so naturally we were excited about eating there. The excitement left as soon as we got there. To put it simply we were treated like cattle. We were rushed to the table and and they quickly brought in the dishes. The waiter would even wait at our table to see if we were done and quickly removed the plate. The whole service was horrible. The food was even worse. We had ordered Goose which was brought to us raw and when we asked to cook it more the waiter was very bothered and brought back the plate with Goose still raw and said there was nothing else he could do. After dinner they brought desert which was made at Costco or at least it had the same flavor as frozen deserts from Costco. When desert was done, which by the way we didn't eat the waiter brought the bill and never gave us the opportunity to ask for coffee or tea. I was quite disgusted with food and service and then to make matter worse the bill was almost $700.00 and that was without any alcoholic beverages. I did complain to the manger after this horrific experience and he had nothing to say except to offer me a drink which I probably could have used. I am here to tell anyone who is considering going to this place, DON'T! Spend your money at a worth while place like Marabel's which is where we ate the following night. What a breath of fresh air that place was!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

San Diego, CA
“Great food, wine and atmosphere all in one location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Our entire family ventured over to Vin 48 for dinner during the holiday week and we were lucky to have a reservation. The place filled up quickly but the service stayed attentive throughout the meal! Our server Jennifer provided great descriptions of the dishes and any of the wines we asked about. The menu was a mix of small and large plates with a great variety of flavors and vegetarian options. I ordered the warm goat cheese and beet salad to start followed by the braised lamb and homemade spinach parpadelle. Everyone one at our table enjoyed their dishes. We ordered a great German Pinot Noir to try something new and it was a great pairing for the dinner.
We haven't made it to happy hour yet but they have 48% off selected bottles and $5 small plates. In addition they are offering 4 and 5 course menus for NYE followed by live music so we will be heading over there before we leave the valley.

Ogden, Utah
“Great food and drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

We ate at Vin 48 on Thanksgiving day during a snowboard trip to Vail. We spent a lot of time selecting out restaurant because we did not want to be relegated to a thanksgiving buffet. We selected Vin 48 because they were offering a Thanksgiving option plus the regular menu.

After being seated, it took a while for our server to get to us. However, once he was there the service was excellent. It was a little slow compared to something like a chain, but we like to take our time (and we were on vacation), so it didn't bother us at all. We ordered cocktails and also got a bottle of wine from their prodigious selection. I ordered the four-course Thanksgiving meal and my boyfriend ordered off the regular menu.

Both our meals were excellent. My Thanksgiving mean, which included butternut soup, a fall salad, a Thanksgiving plate with all the fixings (creamed onions, stuffing, brussels sprouts, etc), and pumpkin cheesecake. It rivaled my mom's home-cooking. My boyfriend's lamb shank was equally good.

The final tab with 20% tip came to almost $200, but that included a $56 bottle of wine. For us, it was our big meal out, so it was worth it.

Pennsylvania
“Great food and wine, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

We had our rehearsal dinner in the private room at Vin 48. We couldn't have been happier with the experience! The staff was very willing to work with us on the menu and wine list. They worked to accommodate the special dietary needs of some of our guests. The food was perfectly prepared, and the service was outstanding. Thank you for a wonderful evening!

Austin, Texas
“Relaxed elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

In terms of food, Vin48 was the highlight of our recent trip to Beaver Creek, Colorado. This restaurant, located in the valley down from the resort area, features a menu of large & small gourmet plates, a substantial wine list, and delicious desserts.

My husband & I were seated at the bar. We should have called ahead for reservations for the dining room (even in the off-season, Vin48 was popular on a Saturday night). The atmosphere was relaxed. The staff were attentive & professional, and not at all hovering.

We ordered several dishes to share, starting with house-made potato chips with onion dip. The onion dip was amazing! Next up was the antipasti plate, which featured several high-quality items that go together well. Delicious!

Then we shared the smoked chicken tortellini dish from the small plates menu. The walnut cream sauce was perfect. This item, if combined with a salad, would have made an excellent meal in itself.

Our final dinner item was the Black Angus strip steak. Some of the items served on the plate were lost, but the steak itself was good - high-quality beef cooked competently.

I'm not a wine connoisseur, but I was satisfied by the wine menu and found the bar staff helpful at choosing something I'd enjoy.

We ordered the carrot cake to-go. It's a multi-layered cake with cream cheese icing that's neither too sweet nor to rich. It was a competent carrot cake, but not the best I've ever had (I've tried a lot!).

I'd happily return to Vin48 if I'm ever in the Vail or Beaver Creek areas again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere