“NEGATIVE NOISE” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin 48 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Continental
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Free Avon restaurant shuttle from Beaver Creek, call (970) 949-1938 for details.
Description: Open table 2011, diners choice most notable wine list, top 50
Montreal, Canada
“NEGATIVE NOISE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

wonderful modern experience with excellent service, smart decor, great food but a small table for the five of us was not at all conducive to conversation which marred an otherwise great experience.....if only they could do something with the acoustics.......on the other hand if you like the serious din , vin 48 should be for you because it otherwise works very well.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Davenport, IA
“Good Try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had high hopes for this place, but it fell short. Wine selection was decent, no complaints there. Service was a bit unrefined, however. Server refilled my wine glass several times before it was empty, also made a reach from my left side over to my right and tried to thread the needle between my wine glass and me with the plate he was picking up...an "excuse my reach" would have been appreciated. Or maybe just pick it up from the other side? Crazy, I know. Food was ok...it was prepared well enough and presentation was good, but overall it was just bland. Also, the floor of this place is bare concrete, and with an entire wall of windows, this place gets loud. I doubt I would return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Unique & Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We came here for dinner and were pleasantly surprised how good the foods are. From the “small plates” on the menu, we chose the grilled kale salad and warm goat cheese for starters. Both were unique and delicious. For the main course, we had the seared duck breast and the grilled Scottish salmon from the “large plate” selection. The duck breast was exactly what I had expected. According to my husband, the salmon was cooked to perfection – juice and tender. However, I don’t understand why the chef chose to pair the duck breast with escargot. Though I like both, they don’t seem to belong to the same plate. I would rather have the escargot as a starter. In addition, my only complaint about my food is that the bed of vegetable under the duck tasted fishy. If this was intentional, is should made known since not everyone likes fishy taste.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Great Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We ate here as our farewell to Beaver Creek and just loved it. When we arrived the staff remembered that we were having a special dinner and gave us a choice of tables...I was impressed that they actually recalled it was a special night for us. The wine list was fabulous and we loved the various food options--we had some who mixed small plates (generous portions for small plates) and those who enjoyed large plates. Our server was super and she gave us good recommendations and was attentive but not lingering. We all agreed that Vin 48 was "the" favorite dinner while in town...would recommend to anyone visiting the area. I wish we had found sooner so we could have tried out the bar area with huge wine by the glass options!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We ate here twice during a week-long stay, once at the bar and once in the dining room. Both meals were consistently very good. We enjoyed the small plates, especially the mussels with chorizo, the pork cheeks, the kale salad, and the pork belly. The decor is modern, attractive and well lit. Very friendly and attentive service, excellent choice of wines. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere