“Mr Abraham” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Mr Abraham”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Went to the very trendy bar for a drink with my ski buddies and wanted to buy a nice bottle to celebrate a great day skiing. After 20 minutes the first choice (chimney rock ) not available. After another 20 minutes the second choice (pio cesare) was also not available. So. 40 minutes in. No drinks. No suggestions. No smiles. And then the senior lady says "what do you expect ? I can't reprint the wine list every night". My advice. Go to Coyote Cafe. Great service. Great atmosphere. Good luck.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Rachel Z, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear ChyRyn,

On behalf of the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek team, I would like to sincerely apologize for the lapses in attentive service that you experienced in our bar. We hold ourselves accountable to only the highest of standards. It is clear that in this instance we failed to uphold these ideals and have let you down. Should you return to Beaver Creek, I would love it if you would give us the opportunity to show you that your recent experiences are not our standard.

Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Grantham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were staying at a lovely house in Eagle for the week but decided to book into nice Hotel as a treat for wife's birthday - just to relax a bit more and ski. I will explain the good first! The staff are great and really helpful (all really pleasant). The location is great for skiing. The ski concierge service was fantastic - all really helpful. Breakfast was really nice. Even though it is big hotel - it seemed to cope with the number of people well - no queues not too busy to find a seat (but be aware it is a busy place so you can't describe it as quiet). So given the number of people the place was surprisingly well run.

So now the bad. I had booked through a third party website (expedia) and got 20% discount (that is good!). There were numerous rooms to book and I went for one with a view (not the courtyard or village view) as we wanted to see something from the room that was not concrete. I ended up booing a deluxe alpine room with a pull out sofa and King bed (we have family of 4 - which includes a 3yr old). We arrived at 8am and they were helpful looking after our bags while we went skiing and even indicated we may get access to the room before 4pm check in. We got a call around 3:30 saying the room was ready and went to the room only to find it was a courtyard view (ie front car park and other wings of the hotel). We went right back and explained we had booked a deluxe alpine view at which point we were told that their standard room was called 'Alpine View' and this didn't reflect what you could see! They offered to upgrade us into the last slopeview room although it was smaller and was a king with a fold out single bed and no balcony (they didn't tell us about that). That was fine and I asked to ensure the single bed was provided. Anyway, I was a bit disgruntled about the 'Alpine view' and their explanation that it was just their regular room so I checked the descriptions to nudge my memory and there were many different views (not slope side view and alpine view) including courtyard (which is what we had been given originally). So I went down to say that their explanation didn't make sense at which point the manager told me that the difference between a courtyard view room and an alpine view room was that the alpine view had a king bed and pull out sofa?????? To which I just said that I could not see how that affected the view and if so that the advertising was misleading. I suspect that they were fully booked and as we had a discount booking (still expensive mind you!) through a third party website - they placed us in a courtyard room and perhaps gave preference to other guests - but that may only be my suspicious mind; however, I certainly can't accept their explanation.

They were pleasant and offered free breakfast which was nice. I reminded them about the bed that needed to be made up again.

To make a long storey short that may have been the end of it but here is the list:

- returned at 8pm (irritating as we have a 3 yr old that we wanted to put to bed) and still no bed in sight they finally sent it up after 3rd reminder.
- the next day after skiing (4pm) the room wasn't made up (It would be nice to come back to a made bed and clean towels)
- after reminding them the room was made - but wasn't really done well - the used coffee cups were still left out and they had not replenished the coffee supplies. We called down again.
- the television kept cutting out (I have read a previous reviewer who also had television troubles)

While it doesn't seem like much, when you are there for 2 nights you don't expect to have to visit the desk 6-7 times just for basic house keeping and combined with the issue over view was just irksome.

Also given this was an upgrade on a room that had a price tag of over $900 a night it was quite small and a little lacking in amenities. The bath was not really a bath but like one of those half baths. Basically the place did not meet our expectations either in the view or the room - or how the room was managed. We just wanted a view and to ski and come back to a room that was made up. This didn't happen.

On the plus side the manager tried her best to improve the situation and meet my 'expectations'. Even offered to move our room the second night (which we declined as we didn't want to spend time moving). In the end if they had been able to just make up the room on the second night I probably would have given a higher review but they didn't.

Shame really as excellent place for families to ski. Just a bit disappointing on hotel aspects. (not the staff who were great!)

Room Tip: check the description of what you are getting carefully. If you book a slope view make sure your con...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Park Hyatt is an excellent location at Beaver Creek with ski in/out accessibility right next to the gondola. The hotel had a large open lobby with beautiful views and a large stone fireplace. We really enjoyed the live music late in the afternoon and into the early evening. It was a nice family environment, but did get quite busy and was difficult to get a seat. The kids really enjoyed the smores outside by the fireplace. They were very well done and had some homemade marshmallows. The rooms were average for a hotel room. They were comfortable, but not on a luxury level I would have expected since it was Hyatt's high end level. Service at the hotel was very good. Overall, this was a nice location for a family ski trip.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Rachel Z, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear dcluvtotravel,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your family ski vacation and staying with us at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. We look forward to having you and your family as our guests again in the future.

Weston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I admit that the last time I visited the hotel was many years ago, and that my total experience became blurry (and more positive) as time went by. But it seemed to me that while this visit was pleasant (and the staff was superb) time did not serve the facility well. The halls and rooms are in desperate need of refreshing. In fact, our shower did not work well and the room décor was definitely old. The requirements here are basically cosmetic in nature, but to compare this hotel with, say, the Four Season in Vail, the Park Hyatt did not medal while the FS definitely made it to the winners' platform.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Rachel Z, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear LAR1942,

We thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us to continually improve. Your suggestions are treated with the highest regard and will be addressed immediately.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek for ski vacations in February 2015. Simply put, I could not imagine a better place to vacation with family in Beaver Creek, and I would dare to say in all of Colorado. The location at the base of Buckaroo Gondola and Centennial Lift, and also at the heart of the town / ice skating rink is simply unbeatable. Add to that a fiendly staff, attention to detail and service orientation and you have it all. Also, good food (like in all of Beaver Creek). This is from now on my favorite ski destination in the US.

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Ignacio D,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We look forward to having you and your family again.

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is perfectly located making skiing, eating and shopping so convenient. The skiing is excellent with a wide range of trails for all levels. The staff at this hotel go above and beyond making you feel like you own the place!! Love this hotel and all the little things they do right. Will be back.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Rachel Z, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear KentuckyGlobetrotter,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and we are delighted you had such a wonderful experience. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been staying at this perfect property since the first season it opened. If you want a true ski in/ski out this is the place. The staff goes above and beyond to satisfy your every need. They even remember your name. It doesn't get any better when you barely have to handle your skis. You rent downstairs in the Plaza area at Gorsuch. No, you don't drag them up to the hotel...they are delivered. We even had a mixup on a helmet and I said I would go down and fix it. The young man said they would run down and bring it back to me. That is real service! They store your skis and boots in a warming area. They provide big buckets to store your shoes during the day. Then when you are done skiing, they turn them back in to Gorsuch. Kyle at the Ski Valet was much appreciated. The hotel has complimentary smores in the afternoon outside by the fire pit. A real hit with families! This property is very family friendly. They have daily family activities such as glow sticks on the slopes and evening fireworks. There is a large heated pool and 4 nice outdoor hot tubs (1 is adult only). It is the perfect end to a day when you walk out there, pick up the phone and order a bloody mary delivered to the hot tub! I can't say enough about this property. Over the years it has just gotten better.

Room Tip: Ask for a slope view. If you are a member of Gold Passport, you have complimentary Wifi.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Mellieak,

Thank you so much for your incredible review. We are delighted you had such a positive experience and we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Hotel Assistant Manager

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!