“Don't stay here if you like sleep.....” 2 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Don't stay here if you like sleep.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked at this hotel for our Honeymoon because of the reputation of other Hyatt's.....we figured we'd be getting a really high quality place for an off-season price. Thank goodness we didn't stay here during ski season when prices were $600/night or more.

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is very family/kid friendly- which would be fine if you were able to have peace and quiet in your room. The rooms themselves lack any sound proofing whatsoever.... so you can literally hear your neighbors above you, next to you and in the hallway around the clock....talking, walking, flushing the toilet, babies crying, kids running and screaming in the hallway until all hours of the night- it feels like you have no privacy because you can hear every little noise from your room.

Housekeeping was okay- our room appeared very clean when we arrived, but during the 3 days we stayed, housekeeping did not replace our coffee cups or give us more coffee & creamer- we had to call down for more. One day, housekeeping completely missed our room all together and we had to call down after 4pm for them to come clean our room- and even that you can tell was very hurried through.

Our room did have air conditioning, however it didn't seem to cool things down much at all- it was very hot to sleep at the end of August with the heat.....we could have opened the balcony doors to cool off- but the noise from the people outside was too loud. The $17.00 hamburger had no flavor, but the fries were great! The drink/food service by the pool was outstanding and the ping pong tables and s'mores happy hour is really fun!

I will say that after reading other negative reviews, the hotel has corrected all complaints from previous reviewers, which I think says a lot. Also, the staff in both the hotel and the restaurant were beyond friendly and helpful. We chose this Resort because of the location- which you can't beat.....we were up for Oktoberfest, and the Bier Garden was literally 10 feet away, so when we were done for the day, it was so nice to be able to walk a few feet and be back to our room.

The entire property is beautiful, and the rooms are very cozy. If it wasn't for the noise we would likely be back, but until the rooms are quieter I'm afraid I just can't pay that much money for no sleep.

I have learned that the Hyatt in Beaver creek will be undergoing major renovations in the next month or so- hopefully those renovations will include sound proofing the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Daria V, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for providing us with such detailed and valuable feedback regarding your experience at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.

We feel it as a great privilege that you would choose our property for your honeymoon and we truly wish to continue to be your property of choice here at Beaver Creek.

We are sad to learn about the noise disturbances that you have experienced during your stay which caused you to have a not so pleasant and restful stay.

Please accept our most sincere apology for failing to meet your housekeeping needs during your stay and for not replenishing your amenities on a daily basis.

We take your recommendations with the highest regard and we will address the sound proofing concerns during our full room renovation.

We sincerely hope that you will give our property another opportunity once the renovation is complete and should you contact me personally, it would be a pleasure to extend a complementary upgrade on your next stay.I am confident that you would have a memorable stay.

I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Daria Veprek
Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent dining experience; delicious food, top notch service and prompt seating. Lots of activities for grandchildren - marsh mellow roast, horse shoes, rock wall climbing, etc. Prices were affordable. General Manager came to our table and introduced himself.

Room Tip: Contact front desk staff
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from the Beaver Creek Hyatt. Had a wonderful stay except for a minor housekeeping issue. We decided to take a nap prior to dinner and upon turning down the bed we found the sheets had not been changed. YUCK! I called the front desk, then housekeeping came and made a quick change with clean sheets. Our room was large with a great view and a door we could leave open. Summer or winter this is a great hotel and great location. Ryan and Matthew at the Front Desk were very helpful and deserve kudos for providing great service. The bar staff even went into the market and got milk and cookies late at night. I deducted a star due to the housekeeping issue.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Daria V, Manager at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your experience at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.

Thank you also for mentioning specific team members that demonstrated our genuine Hyatt hospitality.

It has been a pleasure having you and we truly wish to continue to be your property of choice here at Beaver Creek.

I was very embarrassed to learn about the housekeeping incident that you have experienced during your stay with your sheets not being changed. I would like to reassure you that this is not typical as we hold our Housekeeping staff at very high standards.

Please allow me to extend a special courtesy of a complementary upgrade with breakfast included on your future stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Daria Veprek
Assistant Front Office Manager
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a 3-day work conference, and it was amazing! Beautiful rooms, tons of amenities, we were truly amazed. Nice access to hiking trails, and you're at the foot of the mountain. The firepit with smores is a neat touch, and the property is huge. Perfect for couples or families.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is lovely and we mostly enjoyed our stay. As Platinum Gold Passport members we were offered an upgrade after I asked for one. I believe the way it's supposed to work is that we're supposed to be offered an upgrade by the front-desk clerk without having to ask (but maybe I'm wrong). The upgraded room had a lovely view of the ski slopes but also was unfortunately right above the bar, so it was rather noisy in the evening and again early in the morning when they were setting up for breakfast. We solved this our second night by sleeping with the window closed and the aircon running, though the outside temperature was quite cool. We were told that all the rooms will be updated this fall, but our room was in excellent condition. It was clean, spacious and everything worked well. I especially appreciated the recharging station for our phones and I-pad. We had breakfast both mornings in the restaurant and it was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had in a while, though when my wife asked for her eggs sunny side up, they were served over easy. Two other meals were good, no complaints. We used the hot tub after a hike and found that by going fairly late we avoided the hordes of screaming children in the pool area.

Here are the sour notes: all the hotels in Beaver Creek charge a resort fee, but there is no reason for this fee. Just add it to the price of the room! We were told the fee includes things like the gym and hot tub. Really? What self-respecting hotel outside a resort area doesn't include those items. It also included Internet access. When I first logged on, a page came up offering "premium" service. I thought to myself, no need for that, the regular service should be just fine to surf the Web and check my email. The service was one of the worst I've ever encountered. It was as slow as molasses.

Another sour note was the "sales tax" added to our breakfast, even though breakfast was included in our rate. In other words, I paid sales tax twice. What was really strange is that the "tax" showed up as service on my final bill, even though I had left a tip both mornings on the chit.

The negatives didn't spoil our trip but they were annoyances in what would have otherwise been a perfect stay.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek on a family road trip from Dallas to Salt Lake City. We were just tired of being in the car and did a quick search of hotels in Vail and Beaver Creek. The description of the Park Hyatt sounded nice so we reserved a regular room for one night. Upon check-in we were immediately upgraded to a slope view room near the pool. The kids immediately took off for the pool. The room was large and well appointed. The room was large enough that we were able to fit in a roll-away bed for one of our sons.

When we went out to explore for a place to eat dinner, we found the main resort area, and to our amazement, they have a fully functioning ice skating rink. We were traveling from Dallas to SLC for hockey tryouts, so the kids traded their swim suits for their hockey skates for a couple of hours. There was a very good Italian restaurant with outdoor seating right on the rink. My wife and I had a great dinner and relaxed, and the kids skated, ate and skated some more.

Great location, great staff and great amenities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was our fourth stay and we will return next summer. The hotel is based at the foot of the ski slope. Be sure to get a room overlooking the ski slope and you may see deer in the morning. At the very least, you will have a wonderful view of the mountain and the windflowers. The property feels secluded, but its proximity to activities can't be beat. Kids can walk to the bungee bounce, putt putt or the pool. Families can play ball on the green, go horseback riding at the stable, or learn to fly fish. Take the chair lift up to the top of the mountain and hike down (I dare you) or just relax at the top with lunch and a beer and take the lift back down. There is ice skating in July and s'mores by the fire pit at night. Relax or be active. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is lovely. Enjoy! P.S. you can't leave without trying the blueberry pancakes at the hotel's restaurant 8100. Fabulous!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!