The hotel is lovely and we mostly enjoyed our stay. As Platinum Gold Passport members we were offered an upgrade after I asked for one. I believe the way it's supposed to work is that we're supposed to be offered an upgrade by the front-desk clerk without having to ask (but maybe I'm wrong). The upgraded room had a lovely view of the ski slopes but also was unfortunately right above the bar, so it was rather noisy in the evening and again early in the morning when they were setting up for breakfast. We solved this our second night by sleeping with the window closed and the aircon running, though the outside temperature was quite cool. We were told that all the rooms will be updated this fall, but our room was in excellent condition. It was clean, spacious and everything worked well. I especially appreciated the recharging station for our phones and I-pad. We had breakfast both mornings in the restaurant and it was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had in a while, though when my wife asked for her eggs sunny side up, they were served over easy. Two other meals were good, no complaints. We used the hot tub after a hike and found that by going fairly late we avoided the hordes of screaming children in the pool area.
Here are the sour notes: all the hotels in Beaver Creek charge a resort fee, but there is no reason for this fee. Just add it to the price of the room! We were told the fee includes things like the gym and hot tub. Really? What self-respecting hotel outside a resort area doesn't include those items. It also included Internet access. When I first logged on, a page came up offering "premium" service. I thought to myself, no need for that, the regular service should be just fine to surf the Web and check my email. The service was one of the worst I've ever encountered. It was as slow as molasses.
Another sour note was the "sales tax" added to our breakfast, even though breakfast was included in our rate. In other words, I paid sales tax twice. What was really strange is that the "tax" showed up as service on my final bill, even though I had left a tip both mornings on the chit.
The negatives didn't spoil our trip but they were annoyances in what would have otherwise been a perfect stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No matter the season, enjoy the newly renovated ski-in/ski-out Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa located in the heart of Beaver Creek village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Hotel Beaver Creek
- Hyatt Beaver Creek
- Beaver Creek Hyatt
- Hyatt Avon
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort And Spa Avon, CO