“Great summer stay, we will be back!” 4 of 5 stars

Ski & Stay 3rd Night Free
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“Great summer stay, we will be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, and it was a great experience! My husband and I stayed for five nights in July-Aug 2013. We had a King room and were upgraded to a slope view, which was beautiful. The rooms were pleasant and spacious. From what we were told, the entire resort is going through a major reno in September of 2013.

There was plenty to do during the day from hiking the mountains multiple paths, to jeep tours atop the mountain, to shopping in the BC village.

We ate at the 1800 restaurant several times - twice for dinner, once for a late night snack (we ate dinner in Edwards at Vino, which was awful), and several times for breakfast. Dinner was fantastic. Easy menu, nothing crazy - but very well executed. We had fish and the mushroom pasta each time. Chris was our server, he was friendly, outgoing (as all the servers were), and great at the details (remembering what we liked and didn't). We were also impressed that the Executive Chef, Christian Apetz not only was out on the patio chatting with guests, but took the time to meet everyone. We sat with him chatting for what was around 20 minutes or so. He is so friendly and has great stories, and has been with Hyatt forever!

Don't miss out on the smores each night. A sweet touch to end your day.

We also spent time at the pool during the sunny afternoons, but was surprised to find the pool not heated... either way, it was nice and not too crowded.

We will definitely be back.

Ask for slope view rooms, away from the elevators.

Room Tip: Slope side views are incredible. Away from elevators always good. Also, hotel allows dogs, so bewa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at this resort to attend a wedding that was being held there this summer. The wedding was done beautifully right outside the resort on the lawn. The reception was held at the on site restaurant, 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill, and all of the food and dessert was very good. At the reception, the hotel brought down a basket of slippers for all of the women who were tired of wearing heels. It was so nice just to walk back up to our room after the wedding and not have to drive anywhere. The rooms were very comfortable with everything you may need to be comfortable. I did not bring a shaver because I only brought carry on luggage with me. They sent someone right up with a complimentary one when I requested it. The village at Beaver Creek is right downstairs from the resort with shops and restaurants. They also have ice skating (even in the summer) and S'mores for the kids. We did not have our kids with us but everywhere I looked there were a ton of activities for them. Next time, we will come back and do a family trip here. The service we received at this hotel was impeccable. I would probably say that this was one of our most favorite hotels that we have ever stayed at. The only negative I would say is the price of breakfast at this restaurant was ridiculous (which I expected at a luxury resort), one egg was $5. We just went to the Avon bakery that was a couple of minutes away and had an awesome breakfast for $20 total for the two of us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek and it was a wonderful experience. My husband and I were there to attend a conference for two days. Beaver Creek Resort is wonderful and the Park Hyatt did not disappoint.
We had a King room with a partial mountain view/full village view. The room was very nice and a good size. The bed was great...very comfortable! The room had a nice size closet and large bathroom with very nice amenities. They have humidifiers in the rooms and we used it as the air is so very dry at that altitude. A much appreciated addition to the room!
The hotel is designed to look like a lodge. Very pretty and the views of the mountains are spectacular. The pool area is nice and has 5 hot tubs. They also offer food and beverage service. As my husband was the meeting attendee, I spent a good amount of time at the pool. I also enjoyed breakfast at their café and sat out on the patio. Beautiful!
The village has lots of stores and restaurants. There is a pretty creek running through it which makes for a nice walk down the hill. There is a shuttle that will take you back up the hill if you decide not to walk. I walked up and it was a bit strenuous due to the altitude, which I believe is around 8400 feet.
All of the staff outstanding! Very nice and helpful. We most definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visit this property both winter (skiing) and summer (hiking) and can't decide which season we enjoy more. So much to do on-site...BUT it's the positively amazing staff that blows us away EVERY time. From your first greeting to check-in (Kat!), to personal greeting from managers on duty, restaurant staff, pool staff, spa staff, ski valet....what can i say? They all are well-trained, friendly, can-do, professional, accommodating, and know how to make a guest feel welcomed.
I feel the staff "makes" the property - this hotel is beyond amazing with layout/location, but knowing we are cared for by name when we arrive is outstanding. Book WITHOUT hesitation.

Room Tip: There is no bad view in this hotel - just differing views. We've literally had each view & t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brigantine, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you enjoy spending your vacation surrounded by screaming children, then you will L-O-V-E the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek. They are everywhere - the pool, the restaurant, the lobby, the adjacent rooms - you can find a screaming child almost anywhere on this property. Because many of the rooms face the activity area, you are almost guaranteed to listen to shrieking children starting at about 8 a.m. and lasting until well after 10 p.m. They are especially pleasant at the s'mores roasting event. Screaming as they drop they burning marshmallows into the fire. Screaming as they poke each other with hot pointed skewers. Screaming when their chocolate bars fall on the ground or their hair catches on fire. This is one of the best venues in all of Eagle County in which to experience the delightful shrieking of young children.

That said, the hotel itself is very nice. Right up against the mountain with easy access to hiking trails. Our room was larger than expected and very clean. The pool and hot tub area is lovely as long as you keep your head underwater in order to avoid the sounds of dozens of screaming children.

If you stay here, and you want some peace and quiet, I would suggest asking for a room facing the valley rather than the mountain. If you have shrieking, out-of-control children, definitely ask for a room that looks out over the pool or fire pit. Your kids will have lots of company, and you can sit back, enjoy a couple bottles of wine, and ignore their behavior like the other parents at the Hyatt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went up to Beaver Creek a few weekends ago to escape the city heat, and had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt. All of the staff at the hotel were fantastic!

Both Saturday and Sunday mornings we opted to have the breakfast buffet, though I'm not huge on buffets, it was the best breakfast buffet I've ever had! Wonderful fresh fruits and breads, and eggs made to order. I was having a bit of a sweet tooth, so the waiter offered to have the kitchen make me some french toast (as it was not on the buffet, and the waiter heard me say I am not a huge fan of pancakes)... OH MY... it was delicious!

We did use the concierge service to make reservations at the 8100 for dinner for us (again.. fantastic staff with the concierge!). Dinner (and dessert and drinks) were WONDERFUL, as well as the wait staff.

The only less-than-fantastic experience we had was that we couldn't get the room cool enough for us to comfortably sleep at night... however we like our bedroom colder than most people, so I would expect 95% of people are perfectly happy with the temperature. It would be nice to put some lightweight blankets in the room as an option for those of us that don't want to sleep under the comforter... of course, I probably could have called housekeeping and got one, but I didn't. :) The bed itself was great - very very comfy!

We will be returning to the Hyatt for my husbands birthday (he wanted to go back!) over Labor Day Weekend. I can't wait to return to this wonderful hotel!

I would absolutly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Beaver Creek!

Mary J Smith

Room Tip: The slopside rooms have a wonderful view of the mountains!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The title says it all. The Park Hyatt is a beautiful hotel, in a great location, with an A+ staff. Of course the kids were hooked on making s'mores at the fire pit. Thank you for making this a great visit!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!