“I will NEVER stay anywhere else in Beaver Creek/Vail” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin
“I will NEVER stay anywhere else in Beaver Creek/Vail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just returned from the most memorable stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek. I have stayed all over Vail and Beaver Creek over the years and I have finally found a home. From the moment I was met at our car, I knew this place was special. The valet and front desk service was top notch. The room was beautiful, stylish and beyond clean. The food at 8100 could have been the best meal I have had in my life. Elk, Bison, Dry Aged Pork, and freshly flown in fish just to name some of the delights my family dine upon. The staff at the Hyatt made sure my group had everything we requested, and even came up with new activities I had not even heard about in the area. I am not sure what they are doing different at the Park Hyatt, but the service was the best I have ever experienced. Even above some of my favorite Four Seasons and St. Regis properties! Well done Park Hyatt, I WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: Ask for the Park Hyatt Fireplace room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We spent a few days at the Park Hyatt and it was incredibly relaxing. The rooms are very clean. The staff pleasant. The scenery awesome. The breakfast downstairs by the fireplace was so enjoyable....I definitely recommend the Greek Yogurt with the granola and berries. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and very much look forward to our next trip to the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.

Stayed October 2012
Louisville, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek in October and found the hotel gorgeous and the front desk person was fabulous when we checked in. We had been scheduled to arrive on Thursday night but due to an accident on I-70 had to stay in Frisco that night. When we arrived Friday morning the woman at the counter was just great and upgraded our view which was so nice. The workout facility is top notch! The only complaint I had was that there was hardly anything open outside of the hotel, but that was not the fault of the Park Hyatt, all their facilities were open. They had a smores cookout each night which was great too. This is a very, very nice hotel with a great staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel never disappoints! The location is perfect, the ambience comfortable, service is excellent and the food is some of the best ever. They have remodeled their restaurant and bar space since we were last there and it's very inviting. The spa has also been remodeled and their massage therapists are top-notch. We loved everything about this hotel and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Village view rooms are as appealing as mountain view because they overlook the ice skating rink on t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonner Springs, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Having stayed several times at the Beaver Creek Lodge over the last 5 years, we were interested to try the Park Hyatt, not by choice but because my husband was attending the SCORRE conference held there. We are huge BC Lodge fans--love the accomodations, service, location--just about everything. But given the Park Hyatt's reputation, we were looking forward to some serious pampering in a luxury facility. What a disappointment. Where to begin? Let me just list the pros & cons:
Pros:
-Comfortable bed
-Loved the tiny (albeit standing room only, no chairs) balcony & double doors for the fresh air
-Large lobby & excellent cozy nooks for reading & relaxing
-Beautiful appearance of all public rooms
-Excellent work out facility
-Beautiful outdoor pool & hot tubs but too cold outside for us to enjoy
-Lemon/lime icewater everywhere
-Fire pits at night were nice
-Plenty of comfortable outdoor seating
-S'mores @ firepits (sort of a plus, see below) evey night
-Location--spectacular views, close to hiking trails
-Front desk staff were friendly (but apparently powerless)
-At the end of our stay, a small discount was given to make up for an item that went missing from our room (see below), with verbal apologies from the front desk attendant. The "missing" item still has not been found.

Cons:
-Here's the story on the "missing" item: A $20 pair of earrings (just purchased the day before & inadvertantly left on the dresser while I went out for the morning) disappeared from our room. When we contacted the front desk about it, it was suggested that we had misplaced them, & that this kind of thing didn't happen on their property. This suprised us because at the meeting my husband attended the night before, on their property, a small video camera that was being used for recording their sessions had gone missing & they had to use someone's iPad to record. Before going to the desk to report the missing earrings that day, we had spent at least an hour going through our things, moving furniture, tearing the bedding apart, looking in every nook & cranny, even going through the waste baskets. I had placed the earrings on the dresser the night before; in my excitement to take a trip to Vail the next day, I walked out without putting them on. The front desk's only offer of remediation to us at this point, was to have housekeeping come & search our room (seriously?)--we had put the "privacy" sign out so as to not allow housekeeping back into our room--now we would want to have them search it for us? The value of the earrings was not the issue--our trust in their staff was blown away. I immediately put anything else we had that was of any value & would fit, into the tiny room safe. By the end of the day that we had reported the earrings were missing, the only response from them was for the housekeeping manager to contact us via phone message with the offer to come up & move everything in our room to search for the earrings, which we declined as we felt we'd already searched thoroughly. We did not get any offer of any kind of remuneration, nor apology, from the front desk until my husband returned to the desk that night, when he spoke to the person at the desk (he did NOT use his inside voice) to say that something from our room had gone missing & that we were not satisfied with their response so far. At that point, after some other guests had overheard my husband, the desk clerk offered us $40 off our last night's stay, which of course we accepted. We were very surprised that the manager of the hotel did not contact us personally & left it to the front desk employees and housekeeping manager to deal with us, given the serious nature of the problem. I do not bring "jewels" with me on vacation, & have never believed our belongings valuable enough to warrant using a room safe; I am now a believer & will ever after use the safe whenever available.
-While tearing apart the room looking for the earrings (we didn't want to believe the obvious) we discovered that the room was NOT being cleaned thoroughly--large crumbs of food left against the edges of carpet; we found a red pill capsule on the floor labelled "CPC" under the bedskirt (thankfully we didn't have small children who could have eaten that); obvious thick dust around edges of carpet, & behind furniture & chairs.
-There was NO IN-ROOM COFFEE SERVICE!!! This was a huge HUGE issue for us. The hotel's website promised in-room Keurig coffee makers--what a treat that was going to be! But there were no coffee makers. At all. Anywhere. Not even a cheap little GE coffeemaker that you'd find in a motel. We were told that we could get a complementary coffee anywhere in the building that served coffee--not so, for free--we had to beg a cup from the hotel desk. Not even a coffee urn in the lobby--how much could that have cost them? We were told at the front desk that they were in the process of replacing all the coffee services in the rooms. However, in reading reviews from past years, there was no in-room coffee service then, either. Check it out for yourself, in the average & less reviews. There are some that say there was no in-room coffee service even going back a few years.
-The smores, while a great idea, were left out as a "free for all" from 7PM-10PM every night. The bowl of marshmallows was uncovered & by the time we'd reached them they were like rocks. As a matter of fact, all the ingredients were left unattended & uncovered--anything could have been done to them, & in hind sight we probably shouldn't have eaten them. BTW, marshmallows that are very hard don't roast well, either. Nice idea, but another disappointment.
-This seems silly, but it really bothered me that the car valet raced our rental car up out of the parking garage & swooped around the circle drive WAY faster than necessary. And, the 2 times I asked to have the car brought up, I waited for nearly 10 minutes from time of call to delivery of car.
-Overall, while the room was OK, it was just--OK. We really had high expectations, but even the bedrooms at the Beaver Creek Lodge were nicer. The lighting in the bathroom was dim; thank goodness for the small light-up magnifying mirror by the sink. Electric outlets were not plentiful--we had a kindle, a laptop, 2 cell phones, a shaver, & a camera battery charger that all needed a spot. There were only 2 outlets built into the dresser that were accessible. We had to unplug lamps, alarm clock which I couldn't ever get to actually show the TIME; we found 2 extension cords plugged into each other by the head of the bed (is that OK?) & then we had to do rotations to keep everything charged. And, while hubby was showering, I wanted to dry my hair--there was no outlet even close to the one bedroom mirror that was on the closet door.
-The closet doors did not stay open--they had that auto-shut hinged hardware thingy on the top on both doors. And they could not be propped open. And they were very difficult to open--I thought at first that they were locked, I had to pull so hard to open them. No standing at an open closet to decide what to wear! I had to hold my foot up against the door while doing anything w/items in closet.
-At the hotel restaurant, the one time we ate there (lunch) it turned out to be just shortly before the "official" lunch service time was ending. We arrived about 2:15, & after waiting 10 minutes for a server to arrive, were told that we would need to place our orders quickly as the kitchen help was about to leave. Really? We placed our order, & while we waited for the food to arrive, another group of perhaps 6 or so arrived & was seated directly behind us. They proceeded to order lunch--we heard no mention from the server about the kitchen help being about to leave. Hmmm. And we thought it took them a really long time to bring my sandwich, although it was delicious.
-Unsupervised teenagers--everywhere starting Friday night & continuing until we left Sunday morning. Foul language abounded. They had apparently taken in groups of teenagers who did not appear to have any adult supervision, who roamed the premises freely & were VERY loud in our hallway the first night they arrived. We raised a teenager, we know they are loud, but this was way beyond what was acceptable in public. The large, beautiful lobby was filled to overflowing with very loud teeagers--not a seat was available anywhere. The first evening they arrived, I had to walk some distance along a fairly dark route to return to the hotel, alone (hubby was in a meeting), & a group of 10 or so teens were standing along my path, standing on a bench, pushing each other, loud talking, & one of them stepped out of the group, waving at me, got in my face & spoke disrespectfully to me. I did not feel safe after dark, after that.

All in all, Beaver Creek, village/resort, lived up to our expectations; the Park Hyatt did not. It is not likely that we would stay there again. However, if you have teenagers that you don't want to supervise, you don't bring any valuables, you can afford expensive coffee in the mornings, you appreciate NASCAR-like handling of your vehicle, you enjoy looooong lunches, & you bring your own 6-outlet extension cord, you might be very happy at this establishment.

Room Tip: Choose a room at Beaver Creek Lodge, down the hill.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I work a company that spends millions a year on hotel rooms. I am also a Platinum Hyatt member. This and the fact that we were visiting this hotel at one of the slowest times of the year when there were very few amenities available and very few things to do made us wonder why we were offered only a minimum upgrade and then solicited to pay for any further upgrade. We found mold in our shower, and our elderly parents had great difficultly with the long walk from the elevator to their handicap room (furthest room from the elevator---ridiculous!). We felt "nickel and dimed" in that we had to pay for business center use and then it closed at 4:00 pm! Not to mention the fact that in room movies were priced at $18.00! Also, the basic internet was so slow that it was practically useless. The only things keeping us from rating this hotel with a 0 was that the staff was good and the hotel restaurant was excellent once the Rotor Rooter truck left and the sewer smell was gone.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have extra window but no balcony, slope-side has better views, the higher floor the bet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

In the week leading up to our anniversary weekend, we moved our reservations from the Viceroy in Snow Mass to the Park Hyatt b/c our work schedules no longer made a 4 hour trip to the Aspen area feasible. My husband had just stayed here the week before for a business event and had enjoyed his stay, so we booked a King room. Our initial check-in experinece took our breath away (and not in a good way) - so much so that we stepped away from the desk to see if we could change our reservations to another hotel at the last minute (not solely b/c they didn't have the King we reserved, but b/c of how shockingly rude the initial check-in receptionist was). My husband went back to the desk (when the first receptionist stepped away) to seek resolution from a 2nd more helpful receptionist. At that point, one of the the hotel managers (Ryan I believe) happened to overhear our dilemma and stepped in to solve the problem. Remarkably, he remembered my husband from the week prior, and had us in our room within minutes! We couldn't have been more relieved as it was 7.30pm at night and we just wanted to start our weekend (our first non business related trip without our son in tow).

We had a lovely dinner on their patio (heat lamps and fire pits and lots of great energy from guests). We lingered for hours in the beautiful fall evening huddled around their fire pit (they had 2 from which to choose from). We had breakfast each morning on the patio slopeslide, overlooking the fall foliage. We spent a good amount of time on their slopeside patios watching families play ping pong or the bean bag toss or hike up the mountain paths.

Their onsite spa was lovely (and huge). Their massage protocals used an innovative combination of warm towels and heated pillows.

Ryan shined again, helping my husband secure a snack to tide him over between a round of golf at the Beaver Creek course and a late anniversary dinner.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. Ryan's attentitiveness and customer service skills were noteworthy and appreciated. Our anniversary weekend was memorable (and relaxing) - and he played a big role in that. Thanks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
The Pines Lodge, A RockResort
The Charter at Beaver Creek
#9 of 21 in Beaver Creek
4.5 of 5 stars 249 reviews
Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa

Been to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!