“Lier's & rude” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   340 Benchmark Rd, Avon, Beaver Creek, CO 81620   |
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Lier's & rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

So they cancelled a huge show on the 4th of July due to forest fire's (state wide ban) & they did it @ the last second & wouldn't refund our money! Then I asked them if I could just come another time so my family could enjoy the stay (since it's my mother's birthday on the 4th & we brought the kids up to see the big show of fireworks!) I was like can we come another time & use the room instead of losing my money. They said no! so I lost my money they never called when I repeated to call the county of Avon & asked "are you gonna have the fireworks?" since they say "it's the biggest fireworks show in the state" They said yes! So they kept saying yes! so no one would cancel to rob people of there MONEY! I say SHAME ON AVON & ALL OF THE HOTEL'S in the county for burning people of there hard earned money!! scandalous & disrespectful! Don't let FALCON POINT FOOL YOU! very rude & horrible guest relation's I should have took other people's advice from the review's. GODBLESS AMERICA WE STILL HAD A AWESOME 4th & I'm never going back to Avon again!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am writing this review to inform anyone traveling to Falcon Point of the floorplan differences between rooms so that you can request the type of room that you are expecting when you make the initial reservation.

We stayed at Falcon Point the weekend of July 27 through 29, 2012 with some friends. We reserved 2 one bedroom units, rooms 103 and 204.

Without seeing either room, we decided that our friends would take room 103 and we would stay in room 204. Being on the first floor, we went into their room first. It was big and beautiful with a big kitchen, fireplace, 2 flat screen TV's, a deck, etc.

Then we went to our room, 204, and we were shocked. It was a completely different room. It was half the size, small kitchen, 1 flat screen in the living room and one small CRT screen in the bedroom, no balcony, etc. (Falcon Point, if you're listening, please at least move the bedroom TV cabinet to a position in front of the bed where it can be used!) The room was still very nice, but it was not even close to the quality of room 103.

The resort was completely full so there was no possibility of moving to a different room.

Also, be aware that there is no air conditioning in this resort. It's in the mountains so it's not that big of a deal most of the time. We brought a small desk fan with us and left it running at night to bring in the cool mountain air, and we were comfortable.

The WiFi signal was rock solid in both rooms and really fast (it tested at 10mbps down and 3 mbps up! Pretty good!).

Amazing refrigerator! Now my wife wants one too. Sigh...

I would wholeheartedly recommend this resort. It is a very nice place and the location is absolutely wonderful. Glenwood Springs and their fantastic natural spring pool is only about 45 minutes west, Vail is 10 minutes east and the entire area looks like a screensaver!

We enjoyed ourselves immensely!

Room Tip: When making your reservation, be sure that they understand which type of room you want, Spacious and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at Falcon Point in a 2 bedroom unit as an exchange through II from 7/13 - 7/20. This was our second visit, after staying there 10 years ago in a studio.

Pros. The rooms have been renovated recently and are pretty nice, especially the kitchens. Bathrooms are fairly small, but clean and well maintained.

Wifi worked fine for us, we had no problems with connection or speed. As a whole, the resort has about every amenity you would expect in a mid-level property. Decent clubhouse, heated pool w/hot tubs, grills, some underground parking, etc. Location is pretty good -- I miss the morning walks around the lake just out the back door.

Cons. The toilets are of the low water usage, high-pressure variety, which are loud when flushed during the night. Another noise issue, if you're in Unit 108 like we were, is the location of the master bedroom directly over the parking garage door, which creaks and groans up and down starting as early as 5:00 AM. We never got used to that.

This might not be our first choice of resorts in Avon, but overall we enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay there again if other options were unavailable (unless we got stuck in unit 108 again).

Room Tip: Avoid Unit #108 if you can
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was fairly nice place to stay. The building is OLDER, but they tried to keep it up to date. If going in the summer, just be aware that there is NO Air Conditioning. It was miserable without it. One of the worst parts of the stay.

They offer WiFi in each of the rooms. Nice perk... however, the connection has issues. It drops you every two minutes so you have to re-connect every two minutes. Annoying.

The rooms have big screen TVs and Blue Ray players. NICE!!!

The rooms were fairly comfortabel and clean. The towels could use an upgrade.

If you are staying there, you want a room on the SOUTH side of the building. That is where the view of the lake is. Otherwise, it is the parking lot or the side of another building.

The walk around the lake is very nice.

The easiest store to shop is the King Soopers about ½ mile away. Easy walk there and back.

Room Tip: South side of the building above the second floot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We just got back from Avon colorado and stayed at falcon point for 1 week. It was the greatest week of our lives. Everyone was so friendly. The units were so clean and nice. The swimming pool was awesome as well as the grill by the pool. I wish we could have afforded to by a condo as they were having great sales. The convenience of the lake and the running trail was unbelievable. Great job on how well you maintain this property!!!

Room Tip: a bit hot during the night depending on what area of rooms you are in but by early am it is very coo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Athens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Was lied to about room occupancy. The assistant manager talked to me in a demeaning and very insulting manor and all I asked for was a refund in order to stay at a different location. I did not even ask for a refund on the spot since I already had the money to stay at a different place. I was told the room would sleep 8 and it actually was only 6. They required me to wear a wristband and searched for it as if I was a criminal. I was then threateand to be evicted if I even attempted to speak to the front desk. The rooms are georgeous but if you of even have the slightest respect for your dignity please do not stay here. These people are extremely unprofessional. They also made my adult friend cried because of their rudeness after one of the staff members tells at her claiming she didn't stay here even though she had one of the 6 wristbands that I was given. What upscale condo complex Requires it's guests to wear wristbands?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
managereview, Guest Relations Manager at Falcon Point Resort, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
For the second year in a row, the three-day Snowball Music Festival brought a lineup of electronic and live music to Nottingham Park in Avon, Colo. The festival draws youthful partygoers by the thousands each night. Falcon Point is located adjacent to the park and one of the main stages. In an effort to keep Falcon Point safe and secure, staff monitored the doorways and owners and registered guests were issued wrist bands for easy identification when entering the property. The privacy and peaceful enjoyment of our guests is paramount to providing excellent customer service. Unfortunately, in order to protect our property and our guests’ enjoyment during this large outdoor music festival, we found it necessary to institute these temporary additional security measures.
Room occupancies are confirmed with each reservation both verbally and in writing via email to the guest making the reservation. For the second year in a row, Falcon Point experienced excessive occupancy and damage in some of the rooms and concert related complaints from owners and guests. To circumvent a third occurrence, Falcon Point will no longer offer nightly rentals during this event should the event return to Avon, Co.
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you are visitn either Vail or Beaver Creek to ski, hike,whatever. Excellent for families and very economical too. The rooms are updated, large and comfy. The amenties are great, clean, accessible and not overcrowded. Two nice outdoor hottubs and a pool. Awesome kitchens and living space, balconies, community areas, etc. But the best part? The staff are so nice, friendly and helpful. So knowledgable about the area and very concerned that everything is just right for their guests. Any problems or questions have always been taken care of promptly and with a smile. I have been staying at Falcon Point for over 6 years on and off and it just keeps getting better and better. I would recommend it to anyone looking for nice accommodations at a very reasonable price. We just returned from a week's stay and had a wonderful visit, a big thanks to Freda who recommended some great area activities and places to eat for our group of 8. Our room was perfect, nice comfy beds, clean updated bathrooms, great linens, and a lovely, really well equipped kitchen. Fireplaces add to the mountain charm of the place, parking couldn't be easier. Best of all it is steps from the express bus stop and minutes from the gondola up the mountain, so close you could even walk. The grounds are pretty, it is on a lake with a great walking path. Also close enough to town to walk if you don't want to hop the free town busses (which are really nice). I will continue to visit Falcon Point and recommend it to anyone wanting a great colorado vacation.

Room Tip: Ask advice when booking to get a floor plan that best meets your needs. They have several different...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Falcon Point Resort? Share your experiences!