“Comfort Inn, Avon.... it's ok....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   0161 W Beaver Creek Boulevard, Avon, Beaver Creek, CO 81620   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Avon
Denver, CO
“Comfort Inn, Avon.... it's ok....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nothing special about this place. We've stayed a couple of times, only reason we keep coming back is the price ($130/night during peak ski season through the Beaver Creek website). Beds are not the most comfortable, but the rooms are clean and spacious (enough room for people and their gear). The bathrooms are a little cramped, but still workable - how much bathroom time do you need when you're about to don a ski helmet and spend the day on the slopes anyway. The staff has always been friendly and helpful.

There are ample restaurants within walking distance, a drugstore and a liquor store nearby.

The one thing I really don't like about this hotel (and the reason I won't stay there without my spouse) is that the parking lot and area around the hotel is not very well lit, so I would not suggest this hotel for females traveling alone.

The bus stop is right in front of the hotel, and will take you into BC village. We've never taken it, but see it every day.

Like I said, we've stayed here quite a few times, the price is great for the area, and if you're only looking for a place to rest after a long day of skiing it'll do just fine!

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We live in Denver and make weekend trips to the mountains during the ski season. We like this spot because it is in a great location, clean, and reasonably priced. This past weekend my son and I booked a Friday night stay so we could avoid the Saturday morning rush from Denver. One of the best powder days of the season so we decided to stay for one more night. Comfort Inn was sold out and everything else we saw was over $500 a night. I called the Comfort Inn and told them we would definitely be interested in a room if someone cancelled. We got a call back within an hour that a room became available and since we stayed there on Friday night they would give us a break in price. Really appreciated the follow up! I do agree with one of the posts I saw...we probably had the same room...the tv had a line through the middle and the tub had been repaired. Again, for the money, this is a nice place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel at least 5 times over the past 10 years, always during my ski trips to Beaver Creek. Although it's more expensive than a typical Comfort Inn, it's an excellent value compared to the other hotels in Avon (except perhaps for the Christie Lodge, where I've never stayed). The rooms and service are average, but the location is convenient, with free Avon shuttle buses stopping frequently outside the hotel, or across the street at the Sheraton. (Two years ago, the city scaled back this bus service to run only four days a week, but I'm glad to see they've gone back to 7-day service.)

My needs in a hotel are pretty basic: a comfortable bed, a strong hot shower, a functioning ice machine, good climate control, and a TV with a decent channel selection. I give this Comfort Inn a solid B on all five points. The bed is quite firm with soft pillows. The shower can be made very hot and very strong, but it's hard to make the shower curtain stay pinned to the walls, causing the floor to get wet. There are four ice machines (one on each floor), but two of them were non-functioning for most of my trip. The climate control is good (at least for heat), but the thermostat is a knob instead of a digital control. The old TVs have been replaced with flatscreens, and the channel lineup is pretty good, but it lacks HBO and Showtime.

The Wi-Fi is free but only about 1 Mbps download speed. Other amenities include an iron, hair dryer, and coffee maker, which I didn't use. Items in the free breakfast include scrambled eggs, a waffle maker, fruit, cereal, and mini muffins.

My only major complaint is that the outdoor hot tub was lukewarm at best, and the front desk could only say that it fluctuates. It's been hot on my previous visits, although it's pretty small, seating only about 8 people.

I'll definitely stay at this Comfort Inn again on my future ski trips, but I really hope they fix the hot tub.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chesterfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Price was good. i paid around 139 usd per night. Lower by 70-100 dollars a night than all other hotels in the area. Lobby area, hallways and room were clean but a little worn and dated. Decor is what you would expect from a comfort inn, kinda old. The room was large, but the bathroom area was small. Water pressure was good and the hot water stayed hot for a long time.

I paid a few extra dollars for a mountain view. I was in room 228 and had a view of the beaver creek runs but was mainly blocked by a tree in front of my window. Management should cut that tree down to give a great view for the multiple units that the tree blocks.

Location was ok. There are restaurants and shopping within walking distance and the free mountain bus stop is directly in front of the hotel. Be aware though that the free bus/shuttle stops running at 10pm, so if you are at beaver creek village, get to the bus stop before 10.

The free breakfast was standard. Eggs, toast, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice and muffins.

If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel (compared to the rest of the area) and don't mind relying on public transportation, this hotel will suit your needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Was in town on a business trip and did not want to pay the $$$$ for a fancier hotel. Knowing that I was in a resort location and staying in a non-resort hotel I was not expecting over the top features and that is exactly what I got. Checking in the staff was great, checking out I had to explain why I wanted a copy of my reciept when I asked for one. Breakfast was fine, the room was HUGE. The hotel is getting a bit dated and worn but my guess is that it also gets heavy usage and ski boots and equipment does take its toll on things. That being said some small minor repairs like caulking the tub, replacing a missing screw in the light switch plate would make a big difference.

There is a Walgreen's right next store which came in handy for some snacks and drinks.

Stay here again? With the guys, yes. With the family, yes.

Room Tip: My room was on first floor next to pool. Try to go higher as he noise from the pool does carry throu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

On the positive side, the hotel is inexpensive, the breakfast is plentiful if crowded, and the rooms were decent-sized and clean. The shuttle bus stops right outside the hotel and is very convenient. We were disappointed that the hot tub was lukewarm. Some of the common areas were a bit worn. We booked on Hotwire and got an amazing rate for a peak time.

Room Tip: Upper floors preferred, given that there's parking all around the hotel.
Placentia, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rooms and public areas of this hotel look from the 1970's. The rooms were smelly and we couldn't get rid of a musky odor that was present all the time. We had to go to a near by Walgreen's to get a couple of bottles of Fabreez and constantly spray in the room and hallways to cover up that nasty smell. The beds were not very comfortable and we had a problem that my wife is allergic to pillows filled with feathers. They couldn't find a regular pillow in the whole hotel.
The shower tub seem to have been patched up, but you could feel the material used to cover the holes. The wall paper was coming off, the TV had a blue line in the center of the screen.
Breakfast service was good and well served.
In general, a cheap motel at a 4 star price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek? Share your experiences!