“Needs to be updated” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   137 Benchmark Road, Avon, Beaver Creek, CO 81620   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Avon
“Needs to be updated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Seasons has a pretty good location, across the street from the Westin and the Gondola. Parking is easy and the staff is very nice. In fact, the staff was probably the best part of the property. We checked in on the weekend and he was immediately available to respond to any question or concern. The regular weekday people weren't as nice and seemed bugged they were working in Beaver Creek's most run down property. And, it is really run down. Everything was clean enough but just old. The bed linens were clean but I wasn't about to let the bed spread touch me or my kids. The lobby was devoid of people and I couldn't help thinking the whole place had been shut down and was no reopening. I later found out it used to be the corporate headquarters for Vail resorts and they had recently moved. That explains why nearly every space was vacant. You would think they would want to make it nicer. In all fairness, I made the reservation three days before the MLK holiday weekend and the Seasons looked to be the best deal in Avon.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed for the Vail soccer tournament because the price was right. The photos on the website are misleading - the condo needs an update. Some of the furniture and accessories are tatty and carpets and bathroom floors need replacing. The appliances are banged up but work. It was,however, clean.

The website promises 70 tv channels. We had one. We were told the owner had probably only subscribed to basic cable.

We would probably stay here again but not at full price.

Stayed October 2013
La Ceiba, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had business to do in Beaver Creek plus we had some friends who wanted to tag along to be in the mountains. I rented the a 3 bed / 3 bath condo at the Seasons through the Vail - Beaver Creek central reservations. I was specifically looking for something economical. The location was perfect, the price was right and our particular unit was very nice. No, it didn't have granite counter tops and, heaven forfend, the fridge didn't have an ice maker but the furniture and art were very good and it was in nice condition. The common areas at the Seasons are very plain. it's not a ski lodge, it's a condo building. As for complaints about no a/c, you don't need it. Open a dang window - you're in the mountains of Colorado for pity's sake not Mississippee.
It sounds like many of the complaints about this place are because the units weren't "updated." Realize that when you rent in this type of building it can be hit and miss. The people who own the unit may not be interested in sinking a bunch of money into redecorating especially if the unit is primarily an investment. They may only use the apartment a little bit and they view it as a place to crash after skiing. I own rental properties and I know how much "updating" costs. The updating may not pay for itself in more bookings. My position is that if the unit is clean and comfortable, you can live with formica instead of granite, tile instead of marble as long as you're not paying granite and marble prices. If you want fancy, stay in Beaver Creek and you will pay, believe me.
I recommend reserving condos in ski areas through the area's official reservation desk. That way you have a live person to speak to. Of course Expedia is not going to post pictures of the less attractive units and you're probably not going to pay any less than if you called the area's reservation people. If you talk to central reservations, they'll explain to you what type of building it is. You can tell them your expectations so that you're not disappointed. If you are disappointed, you have someone to talk to beyond the building management.

Room Tip: See my comments above about renting condos in ski areas. It will help you avoid disappointment .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

No Wi-Fi in our unit, No airconditioning, stains on the furniture, not the cleanest place at all. If you have a choice, avoid it! It seems like they are going to drag it out and sell the units as long as they can. You got to love the 13" box TV in the living room.

• Stayed July 2013
Private
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I rented a unit at The Seasons and the building and location are fine. Nothing special. The problem is all the ridiculous rules and the owners telling me what me and my family can and cannot do. We are seasoned (pun not intended) travelers and I have well-behaved children. But from the parking to the lobby to the elevators we found several owners--who made it clear they are owners--to be rather mean. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I stayed there the week of spring break 2013. We rented a 1 bdrm directly from an owner. The first thing that you'll notice about the building that it's older and neeeds to be updated. The same held true for our condo. Our condo had not been updated since it was built in the 80's. That said, the building was clean and well cared for; as was our condo. Our condo was a surprisingly large 1 bdrm. The Seasons is located directly across the street from the gondola (this gondola will take you to one of the lifts but not the main ski area...you'll need to catch a bus to the main ski area) and the skiers bus stop (which takes you directly to Beaver Creek ski area). We enjoyed our time at the Seasons because of the size of the condo, the proximity to shopping and resturants (most within walking distance), and the ease of access to skiing. Additionally, our condo had a king size memory foam mattress which was heaven to sleep on. Keep in mind when reading some of the reviews, there are always people that will complain...no matter what. For the price point, the Seasons is a good value.

Room Tip: The condos are individually owned. I would look at the owners reviews in addition to the reviews of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Spacious condo, located near Beaver Creek and Vail. Condo was clean and neat and had a nice view of the mountains. Even though it isn't on the mountain there are restaurants and shops and a nice park nearby. We had a comfortable stay and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seasons at Avon? Share your experiences!