“There are better choices” 2 of 5 stars

You added Seasons at Avon to your Saves list
Seasons at Avon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   137 Benchmark Road, Avon, Beaver Creek, CO 81620   |
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Avon
“There are better choices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

First off, the hotel is nowhere near as nice as what you see in the pictures. The building is fairly nondescript and obviously old. When you walk in to the carpeted lobby, the registration desk is on the right and down a long hallway there is lonely looking 4 sided fireplace. On this same level there is the office of a TV station but otherwise most of the other offices are vacant or offered for lease. During the 2 nights that we stayed there we did not see anyone sitting by the fireplace.

The elevators are located in the back and when you step out to go to your unit you walk out into hallways at the back of the building which are open to the elements. The floors of the hallways are of bare concrete,similar to what you would see in a truck stop motel.

The unit we stayed at was was individually owned. It was nice enough although my wife and I would describe the decor and color scheme as Southwestern meets LSD trip :-) The ceiling was low. The kitchen was a renovation in progress since some of the appliances were stainless steel and some were white. Bedrooms were located in the back and looked out to the rear hallways you used to get in the unit. The living room had sliding glass door with some covered construction material still there.

If you are looking for the ambiance of a ski lodge look elsewhere. Most of the tenants appear to have left and the feeling we got was the remaining ones look like they are ready to abandon the place once they get out of their lease. This is simply a place to crash,nothing more than that.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

The Seasons at Avon is a condotel located in Avon, CO. Each unit is owned by an individual owner. Units must meet certain minimum standards to be rented out be Beaver Creek Resort Properties while units rented privately are not. I've seen complains about old/outdated/dirty rooms, so it's important to make sure you book a BCRP or renovated unit -- if you care.

We found the location of The Seasons to be superb. The gondola up to Beaver Creek is located across the street at the Westin Hotel, close enough we could walk in ski boots carrying our gear. The local buses (including buses to Vail, the Eagle Vail airport, and the free restaurant, skier and town shuttles) stop right next to or across the street. Also, everything in the heart of Avon is no more than an 10 minute walk including lots of bars, restaurants, shops and the grocery store. We rarely used our car (parked in the underground garage) during our stay.

The building has a 24-hour desk that's friendly and knowledgable.

Our premium unit was nicely renovated with granite, stainless and decent bedding. The kitchen was well stocked and the unit came with a washer and a dryer. We paid a fraction of the cost of the Westin, and felt we had great value (full kitchen, washer/dryer) and a very central location.

The workout room was aging, and I'd opt either for using either the Avon Recreation Center or the gym at the Westin (each across the street).

Room Tip: The individually-owned rooms varied A LOT! A friend's unit was untouched since the 1980's w...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Niantic, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed at the Seasons with two of my girlfriends in the end of January. The photos on the website are misleading about the accommodations. While they are large with two bathrooms, they are very old and outdated. The bedspreads and bed were quite old and smelled unclean. The living room was adorned with old couches, however it had a nice fireplace and flat screen tv. The view was very nice from the outdoor balcony. The front desk staff were not helpful and provided bad information about travelling to the center of Vail. We mistakenly got into a cab thinking it would be about 10-15 dollars and ended up paying 45 dollars. This hotel is about 9 miles away from the city center and it takes about 10-15 minutes to get to Vauk depending on where you want to go. The condo building itself is very confusing to manuever. If I was going again I would book more in advance and stay in a condo or hotel in the center of Vail for the same price, with a lot less hassle.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Waco, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

After booking two 3 BR condos here for the first week of 2012 we got a little concerned by some of the reviews. It seemed like people either loved it or hated it, the staff was helpful or inattentive, it was nice or it was dirty. We turned out to be pleasantly surprised on every count. The folks at the front desk could not have been more helpful or attentive, both condos were well appointed, clean, had all the necessary pots, pans, coffee maker, plates, etc. The beds were soft and we slept very well. It was convenient to the gondola, shuttles and bus lines. It was convenient to shopping for groceries, gifts and winter clothing. The one issue we had with a TV was addressed promptly and they gave us a restaurant gift certificate for our inconvenience- very thoughtful. We had great views from the balcony and I came home wondering whether they had improved things that much or whether the negative reviewers were just picky. I think they must have reaqlly improved the service and upgraded the facilities because I saw no evidence of shabby, unkempt, unclean or worn out. My 10yr old declared that this was where we were going to stay next year when we come back. I agree. I came away feeling like I had received a good value for the money.

Room Tip: I think the "Premium" rooms are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Fenton, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Pros: Attractively decorated, fast Wi-fi. Good building security, though they had a goofy protocol involving waving your car tag at a video camera to open the garage gate - it never worked and we had to touch the help button every time to get them to respond.

Cons: Bed and pillows are as hard as a rock - little sleep. We called about a pulsating sound coming from the next room, but management never called back. Wore earplugs the rest of the trip. Used tissues the last day because they left only one roll of toilet paper. Basic cable negated being able to watch the Tour de France.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was shocked when I entered condo #506 at The Seasons. It looked nothing like the photo portrayed on Expedia.com. It had been decorated in the late 1970s and the furnishings have never been replaced. Lamps were broken, the sofa had rips and the "premium bedding" was as old as the rest. I have never been so deceived by an online booking.
I immediately called the front desk to see what else was available, but being the last weekend in February the entire town was booked and we had no options. After spending vacation time, airfare and car rental to end up in such a dismal place was extremely disappointing. The living space was good, but the entire condo needs to be updated.
Going forward I'll book with a reputable hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I have been to the Seasons multiple times. Always have had 2-BR condo as I was travelling with friends/family. Great place to be! Not pretencious, but extremely comfortable, family-friendly and clean condos. Located just across the Westin's gondola to Beaver Creek mountain (200 yds), transportation center (free bus to Vail, 50 yds), rec center, etc. Very friendly and helpfull front-desk staff. Their pricing is hard to beat considering the location and transportation options. They have never let me down even for last-minute reservations. I will always choose them when I am travelling with a bigger company.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Seasons at Avon? Share your experiences!