This is a pretty hotel, no doubt. Our room was nice and large and very comfortable. The pool and hot tub(s) area looked lovely though I didn't partake. But would I go back? Even though I give it three stars (because the room was nice), probably not.
1) It seems to cater to people who own condos in the facility. There was definitely a two-tier system in place that favors owners over mere guests -- from the valet to the concierge. This was a little off-putting.
2) I don't mind dogs, but please keep them under control! I was almost bitten by one little fluffball with a Napoleon complex and the owner didn't blink an eye. And I was just coming out of the elevator!
3) The concierge we dealt with was not only snooty, but she was useless. Not a good combination. Her attitude was TERRIBLE. On top of that, she gave us wrong directions that, if we hadn't been vigilant, would've added an extra hour plus of stressful driving. Boo to the female middle-aged concierge with dark hair and glasses. BOO. Plus, she tried to get us to sign up for a hard-sell condo presenation that she said would take 40 minutes. Friends of ours got suckered and they said it was three hours of haranguing.
4) The front desk clerk (who was working a couple of the days we were guests) was flippant and disrespectful. "Yo", is not how you greet somebody.
5) The valet parking was slooooooooooooooooooow. And we tipped well every single time! Plus, it was expensive.
6) The housecleaning staff regularly forgot to do something -- and in one instance left their dirty rags on our bathroom counter. Ick.
7) No minibar.
8) No "welcome" information -- most hotels at least let you know what's going on or what's available. Nothing here -- except for a list of wickedly expensive spa treatments. C'mon. It's the Westin! Why so much for a spa treatment?
I did like the restaurant though -- Avondale. It's not actually owned or run by the Westin (which is probably its saving grace). The food was good and the service was too.
On the whole, I think I'd rather stay in Aspen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek