“Luxury nestled in the mountains” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hamburg, Grmany
“Luxury nestled in the mountains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We were lucky staying in this spacious resort. The view of the valley and the river is amazing. Lobby and pool area (open air pool and three hot tubs, roomy!) are appealing and well entertained. Our suite (top floor) was marvelous: huge living room with fireplace and stunningly equipped built-in kitchen. The little store on the first floor is convenient and the staff there is very friendly .The front desk and the concierge do a very good job, very friendly and helpful. We liked the idea to opt for house keeping or - in case we reclined - to get a voucher for the restaurant. (Although house keeping did not seem to know at what dates to come or at what date we would leave - due to language issues?).We did not eat in the restaurant because the menu did not look so inventive considering the prices. And we have been a bit disappointed that we had to carry our cocktails to the patio. The valet parking should not be mandatory as the underground parking lot is close and valet parking makes it complicated. We did not use the spa, but it looked nice. The FAC atmosphere was great! We are no party people but the band was so good!
We definitely enjoyed our stay and would recommend this resort to our friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

This was a four day mini family reunion. There were 13-17 of us with 3 rooms. I was disappointed that the hotel couldn't get our rooms close together even though they didn't seem that busy. I spoke with a manager about this and he really didn't seem to care. He just smiled and listened. I had asked repeatedly about needing to be close to my father's room since he is in a wheelchair and we like to help my mom with his care. I also was disapointed with there "Green don't clean my room $5 hotle credit?" I tried to use it several times and employees just looked at it with a blank stare saying "it can't be used here" or "I don't know what this is for". Very frustrating. The rooms were nice the property is beautiful, the valet was quick, Jon the conceige was outstanding. I got the feeling at times that this hotel cares more for it's "owners" (timeshare people) than it's guests (peons like me who don't do the time share thing). When I stay at a high end property I usually will leave with a story about how the hotel/staff really went the extra mile or gave some type of upgrade or complimentary service but sadly not this time.
No wow stories to share to make me want to return.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel with great service. Rooms are modern and nearly flawless. Master bath all marble with double-headed shower and seperate large tub. Full kitchen with everything you would need. Very clean. Great gym.

Our three night stay was great, but not perfect and there are some things you should know about the property that are flaws:

1. Dogs everywhere. I love my dogs, but I don't vacation with them. The lobby is often filled with other peoples poorly behaved dogs. At check-in the lady next to me had two dogs that smelled badly of feces. I regularly heard dogs barking or howling. A small problem, but odd for an otherwise luxury property.

2. You will valet park. The price is fair- $20 per day- which I understand is less than if you self-park, but I like to come and go often and don't want to valet and constantly wait for my car. Staff STRONGLY encouraged valet, I should have resisted.

3. Pool is "salt water". Part of their "green" program, but the kids hated it.

4. Really bad advice from the Concierge. Nice guy, spent 30 mins with us when we arrived to give us the skinny on food and activities around Beaver Creek. The only problem, his suggested restaurants were terrible. Particularly horrid was Vin 48, which I wouldn't feed to the excrement covered dogs at the hotel.

In all a very good place- they just need a little work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

This is the most beautiful Westin I have ever stayed at -- stunning in its design. Western touches everywhere. The room was beautifully appointed, modern (BOSE radio and 2 large flat-screen TVs), spotless, huge, with a full kitchen/eating area. The spa was first class. I could watch kayakers go past in the river, and I never tired of sitting out on my balcony -- watching the mountains and the stars at night. Flat walking path along river for fresh air and contemplation. Front desk staff was welcoming; concierge patiently answered all my questions and provided directions, and the valet helpers never failed to ask if I needed any assistance. The quietest airconditioning ever, and never even heard or saw another guest on my floor during the entire stay, although the pool area looked busy. My only (slight) complaint was that the Market Cafe closed at 5 pm -- so I brought back food to store in the fridge. Easy access to Beaver Creek shops/events and little town of Edwards was fun to visit. Can easily get to Vail for nightlife. Really enjoyed the rodeo in Avon (usually Thursdays in July-Aug). Definitely coming back here!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
DENVER,CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

PROS: This particular Westin property is just a few years old and is stunning! The hotel boasts a three story picture window overlooking Beavercreek valley to the south and has three separate seating areas. One has a large TV over the fireplace which is adjacent to check-in. This property allows dogs and does not charge a pet fee - great feature! We had requested the heavenly beds for our two little schnauzers and they were delivered promptly along with dog bowls and a matching mat! The hotel sits on the Eagle River and has numerous walking paths along the river and adjacent to a park and lake. Husband used the gym which was very well equiped. The resort has a small outdoor pool (which is normal for a mountain resort hotel) It also has a few outdoor fire pits along with a hot tub. We did not use since it was raining both evenings we were there.

CONS: Fees!! This resort charges a $20 "service" fee which all Starwood properties do but it usually includes the parking. This one does not and we were informed valet parking (which was not optional) was an additional $20 a day! The valet personnel were very nice, prompt and friendly but expected a tip whenever we requested our vehicle. Needless to say, this can add up quickly as there are few eating establishments within walking distance. The on-site restaurant Avondale is expensive. The Marketplace was a great place to pick up breakfast - very good Irish porridge!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

This Westin property is by far one of the best properties we have stayed at in Colorado, and maybe ever. The front desk staff, valet parking, Spa, Exercise Facility personal could not be more friendly and helpful. Our rooms were cleaned exceptionally well each day, and the kitchen is well stocked with everything you need to cook. The location is perfect, easy to get to the mountain and to surrounding areas. The only pitfall we encountered was the Concierge staff. They were friendly enough, but really did not have a handle on guiding us in what to do, and a few times gave us mis-information.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

Nice to stay in a hotel that looks exactly like the beautiful photos on the website! From the moment we drove up with a SUV full of pool toys, luggage and three kids--ages 5, 3 & 2--the staff was great. Courteous valet service, fast check in, beautiful view and lovely studio room with a huge bathroom, one of the biggest, most comfortable beds ever and pull out couch perfect for the kids, kitchen area stocked with all the tools you need including a mini refrigerator, microwave, and cooktop--wood floors in entry are a nice touch. The hotel is elegant but homey and convenient to a lot of activities--went to outdoor festival, great pizza place, nice playground and found a farmer's market about 15min away. Pool was a favorite. Couples and other guests without kids weren't even phased by all the splashing around families with kids were doing. It was actually a relaxing atmosphere--could be the amazing view--a couple even had a beautiful wedding near the pool area while we were there. First time visiting so I called front desk A LOT--staff addressed me by name every time and asked me about my specific needs before answering my questions. Sad it was only an overnight trip--will definitely go back and stay longer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!