We stayed at the Westin Riverfront for five days/four nights over the Thanksgiving holidays. From the Eagle Vail airport, take the ECO bus - it's $4.00 for a 40 minute trip to the hotel. The bus stops right across from the hotel. A car service will charge $50 per person.
We visited while the hotel's express gondola to Beaver Creek (BC) was not running (down season). Take the Avon bus (free) around town or the BC shuttle (free) bus to BC, both of which also stop right across from the hotel. There is also a large City Market grocery store about 5-10 minutes away, if you want to take advantage of the small kitchen in the room (dishwasher, fridge, sink, microwave, stove, toaster, dishes, silverware, etc.).
Hotel is very dog friendly - LOVED THAT. Gym facilities were fantastic - plenty of cardio machines in variety as well as number, towels/water/magazines/headsets provided, tv's in every machine (small quibble - can't key in specific channel, must scroll up and down through channels). Locker facilities have swimsuit agitators to dry swimsuits. Large outdoor heated pool and three excellent outdoor heated infinity jacuzzi tubs (small quibble - can see the road from the tubs, so traffic takes you out of the beautiful surroundings).
Spa treatments were excellent! Spa locker facilities were well stocked, clean and beautiful. Check hotel's Twitter and spa's website for any monthly specials. Waiting area could use more varied magazines. Business center has two available computers (no charge to use), but printer was not working the whole time we were there and sometimes had problems logging on. Hotel market was handy, but hours are a bit limited.
LOVED the decor of the hotel - from the rooms to the spa and everywhere in between, gorgeous. There is a great walking/jogging path around the property and surrounding area and lake. Mountain views from our room.
Previous posts are correct - they don't replace toiletries unless you ask for them. Small quibble - not Bliss products as with previous Westin's, but Westin products that weren't bad, but paled in comparison. Tons of pillows on the bed, excellent. Flat screen tv with good selection of channels. Tiny balcony (no room for chairs or table). Gas fireplace was purely decorative and gave off no heat whatsoever. This was an issue because for the first day and half, the room was FREEZING. No matter how high we turned the thermostat, the room was like an ice box. Our first complaint on the first day to reception was unsuccessful. Our second complaint to reception (shout out to Nick, he's the man!) yielded results in two engineers coming to our room. After they fixed the broken thermostat, the room was nice and toasty for the rest of our stay.
Restaurants hightly reccommended - Dusty Boot Saloon (BC), Beaver Creek General Store (excellent ice cream), Grouse Mountain Grill (The Pines), 8100 (excellent mac and cheese with veggies).
So-so restaurant experiences - Vin 48 (surprisingly bland food and service - doing a sampling menu to try new dishes to add, disappointing), Avondale (good, but not spectacular experience).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek