Why I didn't give the hotel a "10" score....
The hotel valet/parking system is quirky. Self-Parking costs costs more money than valet. The parking lot is the tightest, narrowest, and twistiest underground parking structure I've ever seen. The risk of having your car dented and/or scratched by valet is very high. The only positive aspect of the garage is the # of parking spots available.
I called the concierge a few times, leaving a message once on voice mail, but never received a return call.
The price of room service is astronomical too.
Also, the hallway where my room was located was slightly dirty. It looked like it needed a vacuum or two. The hallway also was lined with room service trays all too often.
My wife and I ordered dinner one night from Room Service. The meal was brought on time. The Room Service attendants were very nice and professional. The quality of the food and presentation was superb.
I opted for the a la carte breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. The breakfast was really great. The coffee is a local brew(not organic per server)with beans from a roaster that is located in one of the highest elevations of any roaster in the world. Pretty cool fact. The views from the restaurant overlooking BC is first class. The ambiance would've been perfect if it wasn't for two gentleman at the next table talking obnoxiously.
The hotel also has a great market just off the main lobby. The store sells gourmet drinks, salads, sandwiches, soups, breakfast items,
This hotel belongs in Soho, NYC. The decor is amazing. We reserved a one bedroom suite with a mountain view. Upoon entering the room we quickly realized that the mountain view was of the mountain range across I-70, not the Beaver Creek side. Also, our room overlooked the valet/main lobby entrance. It annoyed me at first, but I quickly learned that the windows are as thick as Fort Knox preventing any noise from entering the suite. The kitchen was so spacious and chock full of amenities for any style cook.
The refrigerator was spotless(a pet peeve of mine)too.
The 42" flat screen sprung over the fireplace was excellent. HD satellite feed all the way. I can't stand going to a hotel with an enormous TV and poor reception.
The family room was really comfortable providing two oversized leather chairs and two large sofas and a very large coffee table. There was certainly plenty of room to stretch out in the utmost of style and comfort. According to the Westin Riverfront website the room dimensions are 850sq feet.
The balcony was small but just the right size to allow for people watching or just simple relaxing on the patio chairs.
The bedroom was very spacious. Filling the space included a large desk, the famous Westin bed, 32" flat screen, two night stands, a sitting chair, plenty of closet space and finally two dressers for clothing. The bathroom was also spacious. The bathroom has a great big tub and shower to fulfill one's hygienic dreams and desires. The bathroom would've been perfect if it had a towel warmer and radiant heated floor.
The dining room consisted of an 6-8 person table.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Travelocity, Tingo, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek