Our family of 4 stayed here for a week for the Colorado Suzuki Institute. The accommodations were good considering the rate of $116.10 a night for a studio suite plus $49.39 a day for $20 resort charge/$15 valet/4%accommodation fee/taxes. My 4 and 7 year old slept well on the pull out sofa bed (with a cool-mist humidifier provided), while my wife and I had the extremely comfortable king size bed. The room also had a large flat-screen TV, and a balcony with 2 chairs and a small square outside table with a great view. In addition, the free wireless internet access was useful.
The bathroom was equipped with a nice-sized bathtub, a clear glass shower with 2 heads, and 2 adult bath robes (that we used for the pool). The only complaint was that they don't usually provide more shampoo/conditioner/dishwashing soap unless you ask for it.
The kitchen was fully equipped with a two-top stove and vent, microwave, a dorm-sized refrigerator (but no freezer), pots and pans, nice cutlery; ample number of dishes, bowls, cups, glasses; a toaster, and a dishwashing machine with detergent supplied. This was very useful as we cooked most of our meals in the room, with the City Market grocery store just a block away, but the hotel Marketplace on the lobby level also sold simple groceries like eggs, etc. along with hot food/gelato. We didn't eat at the in-house restaurant.
They have the best monitored workout facility with ample space for free weights, nautilus machines, treadmills, ellipticals and a personal trainer if you wish.
We enjoyed one of the 2 large hot tubs, and an almost Olympic sized (also outdoors) swimming pool with lanes and flippers/noodles/kick boards provided, along with an awesome towel service.
The valet service is out of this world. By the second day, the super-nice valets knew our name, and we hardly had to open the doors to the hotel or our minivan. Calling for our vehicle from the room was matched with prompt service. We never had to wait if we called 10 minutes ahead of time.
If you didn't drive up Beaver Creek mountain yourself, there is a free shuttle service to the BC resort operating every 10 minutes (the gondolas were not in service while we were there) but there is a slight walk to the Elk Lot on Beaver Creek property across the river from Avon/the hotel. A slight inconvenience that still saved us money.
I think next time we will try staying in the Beaver Creek Resort next to the Plaza to avoid a lot of walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek