“Disappointed and my Rating is Generous” 3 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
College Station, Texas
“Disappointed and my Rating is Generous”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our third visit to the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa and we will not return. The staff, the upkeep, and the changes made to hotel left us very disappointed. We arrived late afternoon and our room was not ready. We were asked to have a seat and they'd come and get us...not a problem until after 45 minutes passed and when we returned to the desk the young lady had NO IDEA who we were...not a good start. The room was what we expected, but definitely needed a facelift.

Room Tip: Be aware you will pay an extra $50.00 a night for parking and resort fee regardless of the season or...
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Used this hotel as my "base camp" for a week-long, ski trip to Eagel, Summit and Pitkin County Colorado back in March. Overall, this is a very nice hotel. It's located in Avon, a few exits on I70, down-valley from Vail. Access is pretty good (and easy) as there are fewer people, round-a-bouts and traffic in Avon-so one can get on and off I-70, virtually hassle free. The rooms are nicely appointed. Mine was an efficiency with King bed, pull-out couch/bed, desk, lounging chair, coffee table, full kitchen, safe and ample closet space. The bathroom was huge with separate tub and shower. Maid service was fine and they always made sure that toiletries were restocked and room thoroughly cleaned. Public areas are lively and vibrant. Large windows frame Beaver Creek mountain in the distance and there was always an après party going on w/live music at the end of the ski day. The hotel also features a gondola that connects it to Beaver Creek mountain/resort-not slope side but the next best thing. Overall, I had a pleasant stay. My only complaint with the hotel is the valet parking that they offer. I have no "beef" with the valets because they were always attentive and there when you needed them-it's just that I prefer to park & retrieve my own vehicle. Upon arrival, I asked a clerk at the front-desk if they had a self-park, option and was told that it was more expensive than the $25/day valet charge-obviously, not my preference but that appears to be the norm in the Vail Valley. Never-the-less, I'd probably stay here again!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here for three nights this past weekend. I read many of the reviews (the good and the bad) prior to booking this hotel and was really curious as some were very complimentary and some were very negative.
We could see why the comments ranged from the good to the bad after a couple of days.
We arrived late Friday and valet parking was the only option at $25/night. I was expecting self-parking at $50/night based on comments prior to arriving so the $25 wasn't bad. Normally, we don't do valet at it takes forever to get your car at some hotels. Each time we called down, our car was already waiting for us, so props to the valet team.
The front desk agent was very helpful and not all all condescending as some comments I had read prior. We did arrive after 10pm (restaurants close then) and starving. There is no light food options except for room service, so bring snacks if arriving late. We later learned of the grocery store was nearby (1/4 mile).
The hotel is very clean and modern. Our one bedroom suite was clean and stocked with every imaginable kitchen device.
The housekeeping staff was very nice and got me an item I had forgotten.
We asked the concierge for information and she was incredibly rude. I'd advise asking the front desk for information. Note: you don't need to take a public bus ride to get to get to the free Beaver Creek Village shuttle stop. It's on the other side of the river, maybe a 5 minute walk (same as to get to the public bus, which winds through the city and back near the hotel). It's a green shuttle bus and you just walk on for the ride up to Beaver Creek with lots of shops, ski chair lift and kids activities.
The swimming pool is more like a lap pool, but the kids at the pool had enough area to have a good time. At least our weekend, they didn't have servers by the pool so you do have to go the tent for drinks. Many folks just brought their own alcohol to the pool area.
We didn't use the gym, but it faces the mountains and looked like one of the best hotel gyms we've seen. We chose to run and rent bikes (in a shop in the hotel with great staff) and use the paved walking path just outside the hotel that goes for miles.
The lobby bar staff either had really good staff or the main bartender who looked like she was having a really bad day. I noticed others who stayed our weekend and commented also mentioned her poor service. They were swamped with weddings Saturday night though.
Overall, we would definitely stay here again, but stay away from the rude concierge.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite was worth the additional cost.
Green Features: They provide recycling buckets in the rooms and water bottle to purchase for $5.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very convienint to vail and beaver creek. Beautiful resort with ski in and out service. They have a ski shop on site with experience people to guide you. Great on site bar and restaurant. We had an excellent trip into both vail and beaver creek. Transportation is not a problem.

Room Tip: Perfect for skiing or relaxing. I prefer a ground floor room facing the mountain.
Green Features: Very eco friendly material used in rooms including the fire places.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Perfect location. Fd staff very engaged and happy. Valet asked if they could help w directions and assistance but wasn't pushy and seemed genuine. Housekeeping team very friendly. I stayed on the 3rd floor of main Hote building, nice view. I didn't use hot tubs but heard other guests talk about how nice they were.

Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Westin for a couple of nights this past weekend for a wedding. The hotel is beautiful, with an amazing gym and outdoor pool. Everything was very clean and convenient in the hotel with a couple of restaurants and a Starbucks.

Overall the service was not great. The lobby bar closed at 10:30 on Friday and the bartenders were slow and a little condescending when it was open. The bartender even spilled water on the bar in front of my wife and had her clean it up! The valet area (your only option for parking) was congested and slow as well. Maybe it was just a busy weekend but we would find another place to stay in Avon/Beaver Creek next time.

Boulder
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is located at the bottom of the Beaver Creek Valley with amazing views up to the ski area and adjacent to the river. The hotel includes an large outdoor pool and three large outdoor hot tubs overlooking the river. I have stayed here three times and the rooms have always been clean and well appointed. They have a nice gym (much better than any hotel I have ever been in), which includes a yoga room and Pilates, as well as a full spa. They provide free transportation up to the Beaver Creek Village every hour (in the summer, not sure about the winters?) The front desk, pool, valet and shuttle staff was very friendly and willing to help out any way they could. Unfortunately, The concierge was rude and snotty, and I found better advice from the other staff members. As far as the in hotel restaurant Maya, its not very good and so many better options are nearby.

Room Tip: ask for a view room
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
travelallthetime89, General Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear RichDBoulder,

I appreciated reading your review of our hotel and your recent stay. I was delighted by your overall positive impression left by our facilities and staff. I am sorry that you did not find our Concierge team as helpful as desired - I will be sure to address your comments with our team. I would also like to hear more regarding your comments on Maya. Our signature restaurant typically garners overwhelmingly positive reviews so would be eager to learn more.

If you'd like to communicate directly with me, please feel free to reach out via email at: jburrell@westinriverfrontbeavercreek.com.

Thank you again for the feedback - I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Jeffery Burrell
970-790-2001

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!