This is a lovely property, with great views (i was blessed with what they called "the mountain view" room) on the 7th floor. The lobby is spacious and comfortable, with several places to sit, relax, enjoy that view, watch large screen tv, drink beer, and just read a book. This is a good thing because the room is oddly small. In the room, there is a small foyer with the closets on one side and the bath on the other. But to get into the room you have to squeeze between the corner of the bathroom and the corner of the bed (was this tight you may ask? Just ask my shins!) it was if the interior desecrator tried to squeeze too much furniture into too small a space. And the selection of desk and desk chair was badly mismatched. The chair was much too low for the desk height and even plunking a couple of bed pillows down to raise the seat of the chair did not help much - i felt like a 6-year old eating at the big guy's dining table for the first time. This was a business trip for me, and at best it was uncomfortable to read notes or work on the laptop.
The bed was that great Westin Bed and Mattress, no chain has better, and the designers did a real good job of putting decent sized windows in the room to enjoy that view. AND there appeared to be a great pool, terrific gym though this was a 3-day business trip and i did not get to enjoy those.
The only restaurant open for dinner was Maya, high end Mexican, which may be an oxymoron. Tasted and felt like all the other mexican food i have ever eaten, quite good though, but three dinners in a row??? The hotel could certainly use some variety. All together an enjoyable place, and i will be back, but there is certainly room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek