“high end westin with outstanding fitness center” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
southern california
“high end westin with outstanding fitness center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The fitness center is the high point of this hotel. It takes up an entire floor and includes an outdoor lap pool, a very large cardio room, weights, a pilates room, and more. The staff is excellent and attentive. Everything was taken care of for us including luggage delivery and valet parking. There are some nontrivial charges. For example there is no way to self park, instead one must use the valet at a somewhat expensive price. We booked a room with two double beds and it was not terribly large - a pretty standard hotel room. But the finishings were very nice. The central AC in the room worked very well. The gym was a bit hot but there was a large oscillating fan that could be used in the cardio room. We did not eat at the hotel as there are many nice restaurants in the area. The location is great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our state of the art Westin Workout facility We're proud to have such above average facilities for our guests to preserve wellness while they travel.

630 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I simply cannot say enough positive things about the Westin Riverfront. I stayed at this property for several weeks while recovering from surgery at the nearby Steadman Clinic. The property is great, but the staff is what sets it apart.

I cannot begin to express how amazing the staff is here. Not only were they exceptionally friendly, but they were genuine and sincere in a way that I have seldom experienced elsewhere. They genuinely care for their guests here. I felt like they really looked out for me during my stay with them. They consistently went out of their way to make sure that I was OK and had everything that I needed. I hesitate to name particular individuals because I know that I am probably leaving someone out, but Randi, Brenda, Kimberly, and Carl at the front desk were especially great. The entire valet service deserves recognition. Being on crutches, I appreciated their kindness in helping me with the doors and helping me take things up to my room. They were also helpful with directions and giving advice on things in the area to check out. The staff alone makes this a great place to stay.

I stayed in a one bedroom suite for 6 weeks. It had everything that you could want, including a nicer kitchen than I have in my house. Housekeeping refilled the Starbucks coffee, tea, and cups every morning. That was a nice touch, as was having a washer and dryer in the room. The bedroom and bathroom are very nice and spacious. It was like having a small condo with the conveniences of staying in a hotel. In my opinion, upgrading to a mountain view was worth it. The views were amazing. There are plenty of nice common spaces with comfortable chairs and a fireplace off of the lobby to sit and read or people watch. There are plenty of free newspapers and books to read too. The fitness facility is the nicest one in a hotel that I have ever seen. A paved bike path also runs directly in front of the hotel. It is within walking distance of a grocery tore, Starbucks, and several restaurants. I was worried about staying in Avon and having to drive to Vail everyday, but it was not a big deal at all.

Between the gracious staff and beautiful property, the Westin Riverfront definitely felt like a home away from home.

Green Features: It is a great option to be able to skip housekeeping for a day and get a $5 voucher for the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the all the warm words and praise you had for our staff. We're very proud of our team because we know they are proud to provide experiences such as yours. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
So Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I like to work out when traveling and the fitness center in this property is amazing. A full schedule of daily yoga, pilates reformer, TRX and more. The yoga room is one of the nicest I have ever been in. The Maya restaurant has great food and friendly staff. On the downside, the pool service was terrible and the front desk staff somewhat uninformed. It is a big property overrun with families with small children so if that is not your thing I would avoid. The rooms on the back side of the hotel have I-70 noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain/river view room to avoid I-70 noise
Green Features: You can choose the "green choice" and choose not to have your room cleaned daily in exchange for Starpoints.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We're delighted to hear you enjoyed our Westin Workout facilities and didn't miss a beat in your fitness routine while staying with us. Thank you for staying with us.
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow!! What more can I say about this place. It's amazing. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The accommodations are very clean. We loved it here! The pool was warm during the cool nights. The hotel was close to Starbucks and restaurants. Very convenient location.

• Stayed July 2013
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We're delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your warm word about our staff. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Amazing location with stunning views of Beaver Creek and back bowls of Vail. The pool and hot tubs offer relaxation with the sound of the river flowing nearby. The valet staff, especially Tony, helped us with our daily hiking options.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin riverfront. We're please to hear you enjoyed our infinity hot tubs. They are a fantastic place to relax and unwind. We're also pleased to hear our staff member Tony was able to provide a recommendation on one of his favorite hikes. We hope to see you again soon.
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Pretty hotel! I love the Westin smell as you walk through the doors! Service at front desk was wonderful(British woman so sweet) This hotel was clean , and I'm so glad it was dog friendly! The best part of my stay was from the most amazing employee Tony( valet) who went out of his way to answer questions for our party !He Always remembered my name , and was sincere in his every detail to helping us out! I know he will go far in the company!! He is a wonderful addition to the hotel!! I would recommend this property and other than location , it beats the Hyatt in my opinion! Only negative I found is the Market ( at hotel)is so overpriced! Bring your own s'mores kits for outside fire pits, and bring snacks for hiking! Nice Starbucks and deli across street! Thanks for a memorable stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront. We're thrilled to hear our staff provided such a memorably experience. We think Tony is amazing too!
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family stayed here for 4 nights and we loved every single minute of it! Our room was stunning and spotless. Full kitchen, dining table, living room, bedroom, huge bathroom . . . and a gorgeous mountain view. Each and every staff member was courteous, and after meeting me once, they knew my name. The kids' club was terrific--my kids begged to go more than once! They loved it! The spa was fantastic--relaxing, soothing, everything you would want a spa to be. The walking path by the river was great for family walks after dinner each night. The restaurants were delicious, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Love, love, love this resort!!!

Room Tip: Rooms right over the pool are not as quiet; rooms facing west are quiet and have a mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We're delighted to hear you love our resort and enjoyed everything from Kids Club to Spa Anjali. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!