“Beautiful setting & facility; wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Beautiful setting & facility; wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The genuine, friendly staff at the Westin Riverfront upgraded us for free to a beautiful mountain view room. The view was incredible!! My family could have stayed on the resort property for days without getting bored, though there is so much to do in the area, even in the summertime. At the spa downstairs, they keep chilled lemon scented towels as well as regular towels. Even the ice water has fresh fruit floating in it and is delicious. Every member of the staff went way out of their way for us, from helping me mail an odd-sized envelope to chatting and giving directions/suggestions as they delivered our car. An off-duty employee even offered to help me find my wallet when I thought I had left it in the deli. The enormous saline pool is wonderful, and the lobby full of cozy bookcases and fireplaces is very inviting. The entire area is wonderful for biking, running, hiking and sightseeing.

Green Features: Ask the staff about their green program. They actually offer the guests nice incentives.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our property and are glad our staff were able to enhance your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

637 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I almost hate to write this review b/c I want to keep this gem all to myself!!! My favorite Westin property and I have been to many. Great service, beautiful hotel, amazing views, and wonderful staff. My only complaint is this is often a wedding destination so you get large groups but overall it is an amazing experience. Only complaint is the fire pits outside Maya are hit and miss. Great upgrade switching Cima to Maya. It just makes more sense as a mountain property.

Room Tip: Beg or upgrade for a mountain view!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. We're delighted to hear we are your favorite Westin. We're also glad you enjoy our new restaurant Maya. We hope to see you again soon!
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Westin on our last night before heading to the Denver airport. The room was very nice, bathtub was wonderful and the robes are very soft. I have stayed further up the hill and it was nice to be close to everything but the Westin is a nice choice as well. It is not a ski-in/out you have to take a gondola to Beaver Creek. The hotel itself is very nice with wonderful old pictures of skiing dating back to the 1800's. The hotel is VERY dog friendly and we saw dogs everywhere... The library and fire pits outside are a very nice touch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

On my fourth day here. Beautiful setting, nice, large room. However, it seems like all of the other guests on our floor have dogs, some of them very large, staying with them in their rooms. On my way out for a run yesterday one dog pressed her nose up against me as she and her owner exited the elevator and slimed all over my leg. The owner was apologetic. But how disgusting. There are pee and god-knows-whatever else stains all over the hall carpet.

During my stay I was entitled to a free class in the fitness center. However, the hotel does not provide a schedule of classes. They only post the schedule for the day at the fitness center. After missing the signup for the day's pilates class (it was full), I mentioned to the woman at the front desk at the fitness center that it would be nice to know the class schedule in advance so that I could plan ahead. The instructor told me that the class schedule is posted on their Web site. After some digging, I learned that the fitness center is run by a separate company, and the schedule is on *their* Web site, not on the hotel's Web site. Just an FYI.

Also didn't appreciate the loud wedding party outside of our room last night while trying to sleep in preparation for a 120-mile bike ride the next day, or the concierges' repeated pitches to attend a 90-minute presentation on buying real estate on the property. No healthy breakfast options in the cafe. The staff are friendly, though.

Room Tip: Our room facing the pool was noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear valued guest, thank you for sharing some of your experiences thus far during your stay with us at the Westin Riverfront. We are indeed a dog friendly hotel, as all Westins are. However, we understand everyone's stay expectations are unique and may not include dogs as neighbors. As it sounds like you are still here with us, please reach out to us directly at the front desk and we would be happy to find a room in an area that may be more comfortable for you. Also, we have a schedule of all fitness classes for the week available on every elevator landing along with our Riverfront Insider, which provides information on what to do in the area for the week. We hope both of these resources help you plan your stay better and enjoy our resort. Thank you again.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I loved the Westin Riverfront. Kim at check in was friendly and helpful. The hotel is what you hope for in a high end resort in Beaver Creek. The views from the lobby, the hallways, everywhere are stunning. My two friends and I stayed in a room with two queen beds. We had a great view of the pool and mountains. This was room 821B. I must admit the room was small but the view made up for it. And why are you in the room when you're in Beaver Creek? We had a relaxing time at the pool that featured an amazing view of the mountains. There is a wonderful walking trail along the river. We heard that the sleeper sofa in the studio is not comfortable. But, I think I'd take my chances to have the fireplace and much more space. The frozen margaritas at their Mexican restaurant were excellent. The apps were not inspired, small and overpriced. I didn't try an entree. I do recommend the margarita and try the table service guac and chips (I saw the guac and chips and it looked good). I really recommend going to the nearby restaurant Eat Drink in Edwards - amazing food at a good price. Also, the Bookworm at the River Walk is charming bookstore with great food, also at a great price. I definitely would go back and recommend this Westin property.

Room Tip: Ask for a view. If you don't need an extra bed go for a studio. I had a regular room with two...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We're thrilled you and your friends enjoyed our resort and all of the amenities we have available. We appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and hope to see you again soon!
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed a night here and feel it is one of the best Starwood resorts we've been to in the states. We enjoyed the live music at night and a few hours by the pool the next day. The service was also exceptional and we look forward to returning!

• Stayed July 2013
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa. We're delighted you had such a great experience and look forward to your return as well!
Cherry Hills Village, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Spent 3 days there for a wedding in a 2 bedroom suite. Very nice room an the food in general was quite good. The setting is pristine. Problems occur in the little things. For example the door offten went unstaffed. I do not expect to open doors for myself in a resort of this stature. On one evening it took over 30 minutes for my car to be retrieved by the valet. While apologies were profuse it does not excuse the service gaffe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa. We're glad you enjoyed our property. We appreciate your feedback regarding missed service opportunities. They shouldn't have been missed and we'll utilize your experience to improve. No excuses.

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!