“Who needs snow with this spa?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Avon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Who needs snow with this spa?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Amazing! Each room has a small gas fireplace with a kitchenette, including a refrigerator and microwave. The views are wonderful of snow covered peaks. The beds are the state of the art Heavenly Beds (which you can buy online). I was there for a convention, and the meeting facilities and snacks are first class. The spa is absolutely heavenly, and they will have room service deliver food down to you in the spa!

The only drawback was an incompletely trained front desk staffer. I asked for my personal charges to be billed to a separate credit card from the room charges. After 3 tries, she still put the personal charges on the other card. Frustrating, but not enough to take away from the overall experience

I will return to this resort frequently as a Colorado resident :).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We're happy to hear you enjoyed our resort so much. We are very proud of our facilities, including our spa, Spa Anjali. Our appologies for any incovnience with your billing, we appreciate your feedback and will work with our staff to make sure they are better prepared in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and it's about 3 years old. The rooms are better than your average Westin we encounter on the road and I appreciated the upgrade. The rooms were spotless, the furnishings were nice and the pool and three hot tubs were excellent. We used the gym and found it to be far better than your average hotel. There is a lot of very new equipment and there was no wait to use any of it. The hot tubs with the infinity feature along the creek are a must-use feature of the hotel.

We tried the Sunday brunch in the restaurant overlooking the mountain and river. The views are spectacular and the food and service was over-the-top excellent. At 27.00pp it was a good value.

Now for the downside: When I arrived, there was no valet at the front door so I drove into the garage where the sign says "entrance". I parked the car for 2 days (at 25.00 per day). When I checked the bill there was no parking on it even though I told the front desk clerk I had parked in the garage when I checked-in. The operator was downright rude. She told me the hotel was valet only and I shouldn't have parked in the garage unless I was an owner. I then checked the hotel website and sure enough; I had read it right the first time. It says there is garage self-parking and valet. There are no signs at the front entrance to inform guests that it is valet only.....so this is probably an issue with more people than me.
When I went to the desk to check-out, an even more rude clerk asked me if I had stayed at the hotel before. I said yes, about 2 years ago. She looked at me in an arrogant and officious manner and said "you should have known better". I am a Starwood Platinum. Every hotel has a different policy. I later called the new hotel manager Mr. Evans who offered a lukewarm apology but to his credit, he did call me back.

On top of the parking problems, there is the pesky 25.00 per day "resort fee" which they are up-front about when you check-in. In this case, it was almost worth it....but I would rather they just charged me the rate and quit trying to be cute while picking my pocket. Nothing new, other hotels do it too.

This is an excellent well-built resort with wonderful ammenenties in a spectacular setting. It is NOT managed like a typical Westin where you are always greeted as a guest and the staff is helpful everywhere. This hotel has great potential and someday, they may get there.

Room Tip: I think that all room would be good here. Views of the mountain and stream were nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our resort. Our appologies for your arrival and confusing parking experience, as well as for the way our staff made you feel regarding these issues. We value your feedback and be assured we will use it to help coach our staff and improve for your next stay.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Westin in Beaver Creek for the first time at the end of March and have to say this hotel got everything right. The rooms are beautiful, the front desk is very helpful, the valet's are so wonderful! We decided to ski in Vail one day and upon getting into our car the valet had stocked it with bottled water for us.. The little things like that make this hotel upstanding.. It is beautiful, clean and warm and welcoming. The lobby smells wonderful and fireplace is warm and cozy and they hand out fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the lobby at 4pm.. Like I said the little things and the big things make this hotel special. We plan to come back year after year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We're delighted your first stay with us was so memorable and we're proud our staff provided such personal service for you. We're excited for you to come back and visit again!
Jacksonville,fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Really enjoyed the service at the Westin. Our room was clean, modern and well decorated and the food at Cima was very tasty. The steam room was perfectly large, clean and well heated, hot tub was well maintained. Room service brought whatever we needed. The kitchen in our room helped save money on breakfast. My only disappointments is that parking was overpriced at $25 per night. The resort fee was $25 also but does not include any work out classes held on property. I was charged for a yoga class when I thought it was free and included in the resort fee. The work out schedule hand out should be more clear since it has dollar signs next to some yoga classes and none next to others. The resort did take care of the fee during check out b/c of the misunderstanding. Overall, I would return again but wished that added more activities around the resort to make up for the resort fee. Eat at "snooze" in denver for breakfast, avoid Flame inside the Four Seasons in Vail, and ti amo italian eatery was very tasty.

Room Tip: Rent a car. Got one from orbits for a great rate. Shuttle was not running when we were there.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We're happy you enjoyed our service and facilities at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa and thank you for sharing your special occasion with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel met our expectations as the hotel is well taken care of and the staff were wonderful. We didn't realize when booking its actually not a standard hotel, but rather units that are privately owned and managed by Westin. Gondola was very convenient and the ski valet was awesome during our stay. Hot tubs were nice overlooking the river and the gym facilities to include the steam room are top notch. There were a lot of families there, but we still managed to enjoy ourselves at happy hour by the fire.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms on the fourth floor with vaulted ceilings as it made the room feel huge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa. We're glad to hear we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. We are indeed a full ownership condominum hotel, which means, in some of our rooms, we are able to provide fully stocked kitchenettes or full kitchens, living areas, and fireplaces among other amenities. All to help make longer stays more convenient and comfortable. That being said, we are 100% Westin and committed to providing that experience to all of our guests.
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family stayed at the westin last week and had an unfortunate experience. We inadvertently left something fairly valuable in the room in one of the drawers. Upon discovering this, 12 hours after our check out, we contacted the hotel and spoke to the head of housekeeping, Jose. We explained our situation and he said he would check on it. My wife returned to the hotel the next day (24 hours after check out) to see if they found our stuff in the room. They had not. She even searched the room with a front desk staff member. I contacted the Front Desk Manager, Kimmy, about our issue and she, too, stated she would look into it. That was the last we ever heard from the Westin. Neither Jose nor Kimmy followed up with us about our issue or returned our item. While i accept full responsiblty for leaving something behind, i am surprised that housekeeping did not find the item and am shocked that both supervisors did not follow up...must be a culture thing at the Westin in Avon. Unfortunately, this terrible service overshadowed the other good folks who delivered wonderful service at the resort. Needless to say, we wont be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa! We're sorry we were not able to locate your lost item and appologize for any missed opportunity to follow up with you on the status of that lost item. We're glad to hear your experience with staff during your stay was wonderful and we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Please contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss further and in more detail.
tampa FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with an amazing spa. The staff is helpful but the concierge seems more interested in selling time shares than in providing good information. The shuttle bus drivers knew more and gave better advice. Avoid Sage outdoor adventures. They should have closed for the season and our concierge should have know something about the conditions before sending us to waste a day there.

• Stayed April 2013
Lucas B, Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Riverfront! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the spa and our staff. Our appologies if the outdoor adventure provider that was recommended did not provide the experience you were looking for. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will strive to stay updated on the conditions in the areas they operate as the seasons transition.

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!