This is a beautiful hotel and it's about 3 years old. The rooms are better than your average Westin we encounter on the road and I appreciated the upgrade. The rooms were spotless, the furnishings were nice and the pool and three hot tubs were excellent. We used the gym and found it to be far better than your average hotel. There is a lot of very new equipment and there was no wait to use any of it. The hot tubs with the infinity feature along the creek are a must-use feature of the hotel.
We tried the Sunday brunch in the restaurant overlooking the mountain and river. The views are spectacular and the food and service was over-the-top excellent. At 27.00pp it was a good value.
Now for the downside: When I arrived, there was no valet at the front door so I drove into the garage where the sign says "entrance". I parked the car for 2 days (at 25.00 per day). When I checked the bill there was no parking on it even though I told the front desk clerk I had parked in the garage when I checked-in. The operator was downright rude. She told me the hotel was valet only and I shouldn't have parked in the garage unless I was an owner. I then checked the hotel website and sure enough; I had read it right the first time. It says there is garage self-parking and valet. There are no signs at the front entrance to inform guests that it is valet only.....so this is probably an issue with more people than me.
When I went to the desk to check-out, an even more rude clerk asked me if I had stayed at the hotel before. I said yes, about 2 years ago. She looked at me in an arrogant and officious manner and said "you should have known better". I am a Starwood Platinum. Every hotel has a different policy. I later called the new hotel manager Mr. Evans who offered a lukewarm apology but to his credit, he did call me back.
On top of the parking problems, there is the pesky 25.00 per day "resort fee" which they are up-front about when you check-in. In this case, it was almost worth it....but I would rather they just charged me the rate and quit trying to be cute while picking my pocket. Nothing new, other hotels do it too.
This is an excellent well-built resort with wonderful ammenenties in a spectacular setting. It is NOT managed like a typical Westin where you are always greeted as a guest and the staff is helpful everywhere. This hotel has great potential and someday, they may get there.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Hotel
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.