I am SPG Gold but if you are also a preferred SPG member do not expect too much here. This place is busy and often full so they do not do too many upgrades. That said the property is busy for a reason. During ski season the rates are very high because they are a clean nice very convenient property. The Gondola takes you up to a chair lift that drops you on the slopes at Bachelor Gulch above the Ritz. Beware if the snow is early or late season you will not be able to ski into the Gondola to get back to the Westin at night and you will need to take a bus. You can walk across the street to the city bus station and take a bus for free to the Beaver Creek Village so it is not that big a deal. You can also walk very easily to town and there is a liquor store called Avon Liquor that is a very easy walk and they have a ton of good beer and wine choices.
They do offer the timeshare presentation for the villas that are also on the same grounds but we got sucked into that the first time and so glad we did not purchase. We were going to purchase to have points to use at this property since we live on the front range and ski up here a lot. Good luck because you can never find availability using points and if you do you will spend at least 16k for one night.
The property is very nice however. The gym is state of the art with tons of equipment and the spa is very nice. I had a massage and it was not the best experience I have had but a good one. The restaurant on the property is Cima and I have not tried it but it gets pretty good reviews. The Lift is good for breakfast and dinner. We had chili and it was very good and spicy and I had fish tacos which were okay but not a ton of flavor. There is also a nice coffee shop called the Market which is right by the gondola and has good choices and snacks etc. 15 for a s'mores kit that you can use just outside in their fire pits. Parking is down in a heated garage and you can valet or self park but both have costs associated with them.
The property is a very nice feel good high end property and it is relaxing to stay here if you like upscale. I like the rooms but I have stayed in the regular room and the upgraded studio and the studio is so much nicer as it has a little kitchen and it is larger. Worth it to upgrade. I love the setting of the property also which sits right on the river and looks out at the mountains which as you can see for one of my pictures affords some beautiful views. If you want to spend a lot of time in the Beaver Creek Village this is not the best as you will have to drive or take a bus. There are high end properties up there but the Westin does have a good thing going. There is a good happy hour and family oriented events as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek