Very clean and nicely designed. This is the most convenient place to stay in BC if you want to ski.
Gondola and chairlift right from the hotel to the mountain. Only design flaw is that you have to take the bus back to the top of the gondola and then ride it back to the hotel, or risk going down the slow long cat track to the top of the gondola.
There are no great views or ski slope views from the hotel, but as a skier im just looking for a nice place to stay and easy access to or from the mountain.The rooms also suffered from a lack of soundproofing, particularly to hallway noise. I could hear kids screaming etc. The unit I was in had a mini kitchen with stove which is great if you want to save money on an extended stay. The room itself was modern, clean, and what I expect fromn a 4/5 star hotel. The fitness club and pool area were very nice, however access to the pools or hottubs requires a brisk walk outdoors on cold cement.
Finally, they force you to pay to park your car via valet for 25$. Not terrible for the area but its one of those things that should be told upfront when comparison shopping, not at the time of arrival. Once at the resort it is difficult to get out and explore the town, as the resort is situated by itself on a large property away from the 'Beaver Creek' most people would like to experience.
The restaurant, Cima, was 5 star for dinner. Options for breakfast were less than appealing however. I would have preferred some kind of brunch buffet, but all they had was room service or a small side restaurant with limited, although high quality, breakfast food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek