My husband had a quick three day medical course. We misunderstood each other in emails, and I thought we were staying in Vail at a different hotel. I called THAT hotel and told them I'd be joining my husband and that we'd be bringing our 5 pound chihuahua. I was told it would be allowed, with a deposit and special forms, etc. When we arrived and looked at the itinerary more closely, we realized we were actually staying in Beaver Creek at the Westin. I panicked. I had not asked about dogs, and here we were, with our puppy, 11PM. Ugh. It was the most pleasant surprise at check in to find that the Westin was VERY dog friendly. They were so pleasant on our arrival, getting to know us and our dog, they even brought him his own fluffy bed and dog bowls and gave him a leash to keep. There were no special deposits, forms or anything. In fact, every time someone saw us with our dog, we were greeted warmly and asked if there was anything they could do for us. Our room was clean and beautiful. It had a nice entryway with hooks for our coats, a spacious bathroom, a well appointed kitchenette and a gas fireplace. It was a beautiful place for me to relax and read with our puppy while my husband had his courses during the day. At night, we packed up our dog in his purse and trekked through Beaver Creek and Vail villages. Our dog was welcomed everywhere in his carrier (actually, so many people didn't realize he was even there) including every restaurant we ate at over the three days. It was one of my most relaxing vacations ever, and I travel a lot. It was our first time taking a pet, and we'll absolutely be doing it again. It is nice to know of a totally dog-friendly hotel chain. There were several families with dogs, all so happy and well-behaved. Thank you Westin! We will be coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek