I stayed here for a week over New Years. It is a nice hotel with lovely rooms, a fun lobby for after-skiing relaxation & a great pool/jacuzzi & fun, convenient gondola. But there a few too many negatives, in my opinion, to merit the high price vs. some of the other options in the area.
First, there is a big variability in the room views. Our first room overlooked the lobby on the 1st floor and so we had no privacy and had to keep the curtains closed...and it was very noisy. We eventually got switched to the same type of room but with a much nicer, mountain view up higher. This view, with the nice room, I have to say was lovely. So you have to request up-front and hope you get a good room.
Second, my 4 year old daughter was in ski school and it is honestly a hassle to get a little one to the village/ski school area from this hotel. First you take the gondola, then wait 5-15 minutes in the cold for a bus, and then try to find some standing-room only on a crowded bus and take a 10 minute ride into town, and then more walking with all your gear to the ski school. Then you have to do on the way back....which is not easy with a tired, cold little 4 year old! The Park Hyatt is right next to the ski school in actual Beaver Creek village and would be a MUCH better location.
Lastly, the service was not that great. I felt the front desk was a bit rude when we asked to switch rooms, almost every time we waited at least 20 minutes for our car, and housekeeping took a few calls to arrive some days. But to be fair it was a busy New Years week...and the people in the ski valet, starbucks etc. were amazing and very friendly/helpful.
all in all...fine if you get a good rate and don't have to take kids to ski school. But not worth the expensive $$ if you have options to stay closer to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek