We stayed for a weekend over the summer choosing to mix it up and stay in Avon versus on the mountain (Beaver Creek). The hotel is very nice, modern, and usual amenities a family on vacation would seek - pool, nice dining, gym, and proximity to daily excursions. Friendly staff, decent (but typical pricey) meals, knowledgable concierge... This property will meet all of your Westin expectations... However, I don't think we'll go back. And I'm a platinum SPG member.
Not going to diminish the hotel or experience... but we have lots to compare it with in this part of the Vail valley and I think we'll go back to the old favorites. Parking at $20 day for in town accomodations... I get it when on the mountain and dealing with space constraints... but here... doesn't sit well with me. Location is not ideal - The westin is secluded... still need to drive places... so why not stay up in the Beaver Creek resort. They have a lift on site.. but I have to think (w/o any experience) by the time you take the lift across the road, then a second lift up to the hill... a big big delay (and headache / hassle if with kids) by the time you get to meaningful skiing. Might as well shuttle, or park in free lots, or pay to park up top, better yet... stay on the mountain to begin with. For us, the location was just too poor, especially for the price. I really wanted to love it here... but too many other nice options in the resort at this price point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek