My husband and I stayed at the Westin Riverfront Resort for a week this September. We had a shorter visit a couple of years ago, and this one exceed our already high expectations. Because we were there for a longer period of time, we got to speak to the staff more often, which turned out to be a great thing. Cesar, who works at Cima, the hotel restaurant, gave us a great hiking tip to go to Piney Lake. I highly recommend this relatively easy hike.
The food at Cima was very good. Out of six nights, we ate there three times. Our favorite dish was probably the grilled Caesar salad. However, all the entrees were excellent as well.
I visited the spa one time. During this time of year, they hotel offered a couple of specials: $99 facials or one hour massage, or 20% off other services. My therapist did a great job with my deep tissue massage.
The room was exactly what we expected. We had enjoyed the King Studio previously, so we reserved the same. The King Studio has a very well stocked kitchenette: cutting board, knives, tea kettle, dishes, all kinds of glasses, silverware, paper towels, liquid detergent. It was so convenient to be able to have breakfast in the room. The Heavenly Bed was, of course, heavenly.
One thing that was new to us was renting bikes at the attached outfitter store. We rode to Edwards, which is a very easy ride (not too much in the way of little hills).
Another great experience was using Gore Creek Fly-fishing for a half day of fishing. I cannot say enough nice things about them.
One piece of practical advice: there is a guest laundry! Yes, it is small, with only two washers and two dryers, but it is great to be able to wash some of the outdoor gear we brought. It is a dollar for the washer and for the dryer. Also, you can buy detergent and Downy from a machine. The laundry room is on the 8th floor, just off the East elevators. Not every employee knew where this was, so I don't know if they ever really promote this fabulous amenity.
Overall, we had a great trip, and intend to return as soon as possible. September is a lovely time to visit with the Aspens changing color and the reduced room rates (we paid $153 for our King Studio).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Travelocity, Tingo, Amex, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa Avon, CO - Beaver Creek