“Recent disappointment” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Goosnargh B&B and Inns
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Recent disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Been visiting for meals for the last 25 years and for these the Horns cannot be surpassed. Stayed the night shortly after the accommodation opened - all superb. Went recently and oh dear. Beams in room do need a dust perhaps once a year - it looked as if the dust had been gathering since I first went. Fitted sheet was either too small or had shrunk-kept coming off the mattress in the night. Worst of all was being woken at 2pm by the most horrendous noise - obviously got the most awful water knock from the pipes of one of the rooms. Heard it everytime a tap was switched on. Another guest said it was from his room and it had happened the last time he stayed. what a shame.

Room Tip: Avoid 2 if the pipe problem has not been fixed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was in the area on Business working locally with a colleague from Prague. We stayed on Good Friday & Saturday nights, The Rooms are decorated to a very high standard with all the ammenities you want for nothing including wi fi a must when on business. The Staff could not do enough for you. The bar is unique and the food including the breakfast is all from local farmers, butchers, cheese makers etc and you could really taste the difference. My Colleague from Prague could not believe that the main buliding dates back to the 17th Hundreds and was in his element sitting in front of the welcoming fire with a pint of local beer in hand. We are due to be back in the area in May and will definately stay here again

Room Tip: Rooms 5 & 6
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I will be honest, If it wasnt for the fact that I bought a meal voucher off deal monster, I wouldnt have know about or gone to the Horns Inn, what a shame that would have been, i was expecting overly priced pub food, iI couldnt have been more wrong. The small quiet bar area consists of a real log fire, making it very cosy and homely, it felt like a proper old type pub, the staff were very friendly, but not overbaring. My partner had set his heart on a mixed grill, which even tho it was not on the menu at this time, it was no trouble for them to make one, I myself ordered a T-bone steak from the speacial board ( a lovely suprise to see this on the menu!!)
we had a drink in the bar whilst we were waiting to go through to the small but not over cramped dining room, where we found properly laid out tables, like you would expect in a restaurant, candles, and even a plate of curled butter for your warm bread rolls (not a box in the middle of the table with standing up cutlery and packet sauces.) My partner recieved his mixed grill first, wich looked delicious, they then brought out my T-bone steak, which I must say was as big as my generous sized oval plate, and cooked to perfection!! the look on my parners face was a picture!! next came the home made chips, which i can say were to die for, and more than enough for two, also veg. Both dishes came with a steak knife, which we needent of used as we could have cut the steaks with the butter knifes. Being a slow eater, one of my pet hates is clearing plates before everyone on the table has finished, which usualy means I either rush the end of my meal or leave it altogether, as i feel uncomfortable being the last one on the table with a plate infront of me, here there was no rush to finish your meal. My parner and I will definitly be going back again, and taking family and friends with us, even paying full price every penny would be worth it. Next time we may even stay overnight

Room Tip: unfortunately we did not stay overnight, we would have loved to try the breakfast, if there was any...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

A colleague booked on my behalf.
I got a room, dinner breakfast deal that was truly outstanding value for money.

Fantastic bar, unique layout, roaring fire. Small restaurant with local seasonal fare. Had the duck, had the black pud, sampled the wine - just great.

Room is in the barn, amazing!

• Stayed March 2013
Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had visited the restaurant the week before and had a fantastic 2 course meal off the lunch menu. Whilst dining i noticed the Mother's day menu & decided it would be a lovely venue to bring Mum to celebrate her day. We arrived for our 12 0'clock booking and we were all very impressed...from entering to leaving we felt like it was home from home.
The choice on the menu was amazing from the garlic mushroom or potted shrimp starters, to the Goosnargh duck and sea bass. I am not usually a sweet tooth but the puddings were so tempting I could not help but to indulge. I had the raspberry meringue, Mum had the special...blackcurrant pie, others were tempted by the sticky toffee pudding and gooseberry pie.
Coffee & mints was taken in the bar area.
We had a very memorable lunch and would like to say a big, big thanks to Paul and all the staff for a lovely time.
We will definately be back and would recommend it to all our other family members & friends xx

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you are looking for traditional English food in a pub environment then this is worth a visit. It's been a few years since I last came but will be back.
A warm welcome although an under stocked bar. Plenty if choice on the menu which we enjoyed thoroughly.
Not cheap but overall a good value evening out.

• Stayed February 2013
lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been eating at Ye Horns since the early 1970s. It is unbeatable for good old fashioned English cooking. To start with the potted shrimps and then the soup followed by the pheasant or duck and ending up with the bread and butter pudding (with icecream) and a decent coffee is a perfect way to spend either a leisurely lunch or an evening dinner. In fact it is so good here that I keep it for special occasions and often (foolishly) spend much more on significantly less satisfying fare elsewhere. I have been promising myself a couple of nights here since accommodation was added to the inn in tyhe 1990s and now that I have retired I enjoyed two such nights recently. Of course I knew that the food was going to be first-class and that the staff would be as helpful as ever. In niether case was I disappointed. Nor was the accommodation a let-down.The room and batrhroom were spotless and the bed was very comfortable. All in all two great nights - superb breakf\asts and dinner - and a great lunch with friends before leaving. I shall be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ye Horns Inn? Share your experiences!