“Great staff, but little noisy!” 4 of 5 stars

The Crown Inn
The Green, East Rudham PE31 8RD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 East Rudham B&B and Inns
essex
“Great staff, but little noisy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a lovely little place, spotlessly clean, lovely rooms.
The staff are absolutely fantastic and went out of their way to helop a fussy eater like me.
Unfortunately, the only 'con' with this B&B is that the rooms seem to have paper thin walls. We were kept up all night with the (very) drunk lady in the room next door crying and wailing all night.
We will definitely stay here again as we surely couldn't be that unlucky again!

Room Tip: We had room 3 which has a fantastic bath and shower and is very spacious.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Rang during the morning of Valentines Day to see if there was availability for lunch. The staff were quick on the phone and the booking was soon confirmed. Despite the weather being awful the staff were welcoming, efficient and pleasant. The beer, Adnams Ghost Ship, was well kept. The meals, mussels as a main and the partridge were well cooked and the presentation was well thought out. We wanted to try the Crown out for lunch to see if it was the sort of place we would like to go to for an evening meal. Based on our experience on what, I would imagine, is a very busy day for any establishment providing food, we will certainly be returning for an evening soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I took my Mum out during the week for a treat. We were prompted to go out of our way to have dinner here after my work colleague had been and recommended it.

We were given a warm welcome by the staff as we were shown to our table.

The service was swift but not invasive and the atmosphere was relaxed.

The menu offered a good choice, some pub classics as well as some alternatives. I had two courses with the scallops to start which was one of the nicest dishes I have had.

In all, a lovely evening and somewhere we will definitely return to....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hunstanton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Had meal here just before Christmas and stayed over B&B. Food and service good. Nice relaxed ambiance. Comfy cosey rooms, had good nights sleep. Breakfast was nice, had salmon. Nice location in quiet area. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Spalding, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch on 16/1/2014 and we were very disappointed .Cold coffee ,preheated food,chips wrinkly so no they aren't fresh,and my sausage and mash smelt and tasted burnt.
My friend had surf and turf and it was rubbish mostly baby tomatoes and wrinkly chips!
The lunch menu is so overpriced,nothing under £10 going up to £18 ,And £60 pounds for some dish for 2 people. two coffee and two main courses over £30 and cold drinks and pre heated food does not deserve a higher rating.
I would have gone somewhere else when I saw lunchtime prices but nothing near the locals said!
I did complain about drinks warmth and the burnt taste ,the waitress said they can't control temperature of drinks as it is a machine!( isn't that a poor answer ) and the waiter offered me another sausage,no thank you was my reply!(it puts you off doesn't it when they can't get if good first time.
Lacks atmosphere .supposed to be award winning ,well I can assure you my meals weren't award winning meals they were poor.To add insult I was treating my daughter to a meal!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
James W, General Manager at The Crown Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear sir/madam,

I am most disappointed to hear of your experience at the Crown Inn, and first I would like to offer my apologies. We strive to provide all our customers with a top level of service, which I genuinely feel works very well. It seems in this instance this wasn't the case.

If you would like to call me on 01485 528530, I would be happy to discuss your problem, and it would be my pleasure to resolve it for you.

Kind Regards
James Wright

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had a very enjoyable evening at The Crown. Lovely atmosphere, good food and excellent service. The new owners have got an improved balance between it being a pub that serves a good selection of beers and wines and a pub that has a menu of favourites both old and new.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here twice and found The atmosphere food, service and wine all agreeable. Have heard it has changed owners recently but the rooms are comfortable and well appointed. Useful base for exploring the area.

Room Tip: The room I the attic is huge and the nicest by far.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Crown Inn? Share your experiences!